• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (October 2018) (SCOTUS Additions)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

Sorry I was so late with this one, Carbinemike

Question: Will the addition of Justices Gorsuch and Kananaugh open up the Supreme Court to again rule on 2nd Amendment cases with a positive result for freedom?

Things need to get a little more "normal" before that can happen. I think we'll need to wait a few months for Leftists (Dumpocraps) to stop pouting and put their diapers back on!

Only reason I voted for trump is for him to stack the courts.

Hopefully an AWB and may issue gets blown up like a mofo.

I'm behind enemy lines till 2021. Wife has agreed to TN after my son graduates from community college.

We need Trump to seat one more justice first. Ginsburg or Breyer look like the next to vacate.

Right now:

Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are solidly behind the Constitution.

Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan... not so much.

We are just about to the point that SCOTUS justices need Secret Service protection to make sure the libtard thugs don't start trying to take out the first 5 I listed.

I'm not holding my breath on anything until I actually see how the latest appointees are going to vote on real gun issues.

If they really want to impress me they can re-evaluate the affordable car acts mandatory tax.

Question: Will the addition of Justices Gorsuch and Kananaugh (sic) open up the Supreme Court to again rule on 2nd Amendment cases with a positive result for freedom?

You all know that I'm not a Trump fanatic. The thing that on top of my approval list are his SCOTUS nominees. Water Monkey and I are in total agreement on this.

The court balance needs at least one more conservative to make me comfortable. Chief Roberts has a little more wish in his wash than I'm comfortable with. He has been mostly on the conservative side but his little side-trip in SEBELIUS (Obamacare decision) was an early shock.

I don't know what is on board for guns in the court. I don't know if they will get something as broad as HELLER again. I expect there will be little nitpicky stuff mostly. I'm betting against Nationwide Constitutional Carry because that would have to originate in Congress and then (if passed) be challenged by opposition to get to the Court.

McDONALD was really a 14th Amendment case in which the 2nd was a sideshow.

I am sort of rambling because predicting what comes to the Court and how they will decide is well beyond me. But I do have a more cozy feeling with the entry of Kavanaugh. Looking forward to RB Ginsburg replacement.

@Water Monkey -- Looking forward to seeing you down here in TN. You guys make sure you let me buy you dinner if you make it this way.

One more, just one more please. Ginsburg should be the next to go. The liberals all want to vote how they feel, not how the constitution reads. I do think we are in better shape that we were two years ago. The biggest problem I see is what some local governments are doing, and how long it takes to get through the courts.

Guys, I think Roberts will feel the wind shifting and blow right a bit more. All signs are positive from here.
I would like to think that you are correct but I have also read that he is keenly aware of and doesn't like the courts to be viewed as "activist judges".

I am worried that Roberts will steer clear of controversial rulings on guns for a awhile. I would love to see them clean up some of the lower court rulings that totally ignored Heller and McDonald.

I am worried that Roberts will steer clear of controversial rulings on guns for a awhile. I would love to see them clean up some of the lower court rulings that totally ignored Heller and McDonald.

I would willingly ignore heller and McDonald if they just read the constitution, the amendments, and actually based their decision on that alone. :)

Just need 4 to agree to hear a case. Scalia & Thomas were pretty pissed when a mandatory storage law was not heard because it directly violated the ruling in Heller in 2015:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-case-draws-strong-dissent-from-thomas-scalia

Add 2 new justices and one more for measure and you have the majority to hear gun cases particularly that violates Heller:

AWB
Mandatory Storage

And if we are lucky:
10 day waiting periods
Licensing schemes (may issue or "burden of need" used in California and NY)

FYI - Takes about a year to get permission from the state to exercise your right to buy and own a handgun in NY. It's a carry license with county restrictions. Which means, you can carry concealed in your home or two/from the range. You can't buy a handgun without the license and is a day's long event to get gun and get it on your license. You need to prove "need or imminent danger" to get a full carry license. Basically former cops, judges, PI, legislators, and business owners depositing 40k a week can get the full carry.

The Peruta case which was denied with Scalia's vacancy would have demolished these types of licensing schemes.

Too much pomp n circumstance going on to make a call. But I really hope he does make the right/correct ruling on any if they come before him/them....

Back