• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (September 2020) (Riots)

Are riots an integral part of the country’s march towards progress?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post your answer and vote in the polls...

Are riots an integral part of the country’s march towards progress?

Progress is typically viewed in the eye of the beholder. If we look at history, as recently as the late 60's, you can see a evolutionary path that these types of issues have taken. They have typically progressed in stages from the Soap Box, to the Ballot Box, to the Jury Box, and finally to the Ammo Box.

Today's Soap Box protesters and rioters are very simular to those of the 60's. They want change but have no idea how to institutionalize that change nor what the long-term benefits or costs of such change might be. ANTIFA and BLM have no real national leadership which can articulate the methodology for the change they speak of. They first and foremost seem to want to defund law enforcement but once one of them gets shot by paintballs or real bullets they immediately run to the police for protection. Recently an Antifa member in Portland filed a police complaint and law suit because she was hit by paintballs during a protest.

Seriously doubt much will change following November's Ballot Box. No matter who wins half the country will not be happy. The Democrats are promising the moon and the stars to these protesters and their constituents. Antifa's web site even has a link to Biden's campaign. Problem is "promises made" are typically not "promises kept" especially when it comes to funding. Biden's promises to spend on all these social programs but when ask where the money is coming from his answer is tax everyone making $400k or more per year. Problem is if the economy goes south and all these landlords never get paid for months of back rent the number of $400k and above taxpayers will dwindle very quickly. So the tough choices are either not keeping promises or increase taxes on everyone (or probably both). Plus we can expect months or years dealing with the Jury Box including impeachment efforts no matter who wins. The art of compromise left Washington years ago and will likely never return!

Will the Ammo Box ever be opened? That's the serious question of the day. However, we can not afford to be unprepared!

Some words we should frequently read and remember.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…”

Regards

The riots are funded and will dwindle when the funding does.

I’m with Scoop, regarding the rules of evidence. The question isn’t proper, so I didn’t vote.

Progress is always at odds with entropy. Progress doesn’t just happen. It is always accompanied by diminution in the organization of some other matter. The laws of physics simply do not allow things to happen the opposite.

Human beings seem to violate the rules of entropy, but they only do so in a very local sense.
Somewhere, someone/something else is paying the piper.

Any progress that we make as a civilization incurs a cost that we never can realize up front.

I don't mean to sound like a politician but, progress has a different meaning to different folks.

I personally don't see a violent attempted takeover of the country as progress. I see it as an attack on a way of life, on the American Dream. I see the a anarchists as an attack on my children and their children's future.

It is my duty to protect my grandchildren from all that would do them harm.

Last edited:
When my father was stationed at Fort Knox he married my mother across the river in Ohio then they went back to honeymoon in Louisville.

Amazingly I can dictate to my phone and say Louis Ville or Louie Ville like a Yankee, or Loo Uh Vul Like a native, and yet my iPhone understands & spells it correctly.

And yet it’s amazing how many times it gives me the wrong phone home . . . grrrrr. . . PHONOME!
This phone continually selects for popular cultural icons and references over traditional English terms.

Anyhow the point of all of this is that ultimately I was conceived during a honeymoon in Louisville or Louisville or Louisville.

And be assured that I said it all three ways!

By the way, I saw a video purporting to be of the rioters in Louisville, and they were handing out weapons and signs with sticks from the back of a U-Haul.

They claim that this was almost immediately after the verdict was revealed in the Breonna Taylor case. People have been waiting in the wings, to swarm in as soon as the high sign was given.

I didn't see that video.

But I'm not surprised. They announced several days ago that they had scheduled the press conference for yesterday so the agitators did know in advance and let them set up and wait.

Two Louisville officers were shot last night.

The news also didn't report that there were witness statements that the police did in fact beat on the door and announce themselves. But, the news doesn't really want to inform anyone of anything. They prefer to let things escalate even more for their ratings.

John, they twist things to create “news”, even when they know the truth.

This was a nice gal with access, who got taken in by these drug gangsters. They pulled this young paramedic into their violent ways and she paid the price.

Now the media needs a straw man to hang, and violent black drug gangsters aren’t interesting. We have thousands in prison (and out) but how many murdering racist cops do we have?

The media can’t even come up with 3 without faking things.

If you believe BLM, Antifa, and half of today's college professors all of today's cops are racists, as well as anyone that was born white.

Last night I looked up the black lives matter website, and another called bail project. The riots are well organized and well funded, but by whom ? If the authorities refuse to maintain law and order it will take an organized effort to do so.

I also heard reference last night some of the "peaceful protesters" had confronted a group of "right wing vigilantes". Just another example of the news media spin to make things fit their narrative.

P.S.

I don't see myself going downtown if we should have riots here, but, if for some reason the rioters were to decide to visit residential neighbors, let's just say the neighborhood I live in has some residents that are fed up.

Last night I looked up the black lives matter website, and another called bail project. The riots are well organized and well funded, but by whom ? If the authorities refuse to maintain law and order it will take an organized effort to do so.

I also heard reference last night some of the "peaceful protesters" had confronted a group of "right wing vigilantes". Just another example of the news media spin to make things fit their narrative.

Yeah, I've done some research on "bail project" in Lousville too.

https://www.nationalistreview.net/2...ler-behind-u-haul-brought-to-louisville-riot/

When quarantine started I protested in Huntington Beach along with a few thousand other conservatives, after a few weeks we eventually got the Governor to open the beaches with restrictions. No one was yelling profanity, no one spray painted anything, we didn't even block traffic. Small amounts of police were present but were mostly directing traffic as there wasn't even a hint of aggression or hostility, despite us being a few thousand strong.

At best the media ignored us completely, at worst they called us "greedy capitalists" and "profiteers" who don't care about public safety. Many of the people present had lost their jobs or businesses due to the lockdown.

Meanwhile the media falls over themselves trying to justify riots.

The double standard is amazing.

Defund the Press.

Back