• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Railed forend options?

I've been looking at forends for days and have narrowed it down to a few but I can't find many reviews on them so I figured the best place to ask is here. The Ergo tri rail, CAA tri rail and Barska tri rail are the 3 that keep catching my eye. Any and all advice and your experiences with these will be appreciated. Also, I measured the stock forend and it measures 7-3/4 so I assume I have the long slide assembly tube. Thanks in advance.

I think some pictures would be in order here. I don't have a tac rail on my 500 so I couldn't advise.

I HAVE had issues with Barfka IR "sniper" and spotting scopes and will NEVER buy from them again. "Lifetime Warranty" does NOT cover shipping and if you have to warranty something once, any money saved in the purchase is spent sending the item back. Maybe their furniture is nice but I personally wouldn't pay for it.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :) I'm sure someone will be by to offer up their opinions.

I got the Maco tri-rail on my 590 and I like the look and feel of it on a cob forend.
Here is the setup with a few ergo handstops and UTG rubber rail covers

Not too familiar with the brands you mentioned but put some pics of them and let's take a look at them.

I tried to copy and paste the links but its not working and I have to go to work so I'll have to figure it out later tonight. The CAA forend I'm looking at is very similar to what you have. I have a laselyte tri rail on the end of the magazine tube but I don't like that I have to have my arm fully extended to reach the controls of my streamlight.

You have to put pics up using sites like photo bucket or something similar where you can copy the URL from them and paste In the thread.
There's a post on the forum somewhere with the steps if you search the home page under mossberg owners site support I think it's the first topic.

So, I figured out how to post pics. The top pic is the ergo, the middle is the Barska/UTG and the bottom one is CAA. Have any of you used these?

After looking at the length I don't know if the Ergo will work. My current forend is 7-3/4 and the length on the Ergo is 6-15/16

I haven't used any of those before but I like the CAA one alot.
Can't speak for any of those but like the looks of the CAA.
I've seen the UTG one on some guns here I the forum. It was similiar looking to that one. I think it might have been on one of L.E.S.'s 590. If so he might have some input on it.

So that's what I'm working with right now. I want a forend with rails so I can manipulate the toggle switch and button on my light and laser no matter what the position of the forend.

Looks like it works for what you need but a little to far to reach quick. You will benefit from a tri rail from the looks of your setup and it will put your add ons closer to manipulate easier.
There is a integrated light forend but i don't think it has any rails. Think it's made by surefire or something like that.
I have a forend that came off my flex with a pressure pad velcro type insert for the light pressure pad switch . I just didn't like the cord that hung from the switch to the light . Just a personal preference but it did give you the access to turn on and off the light with a squeeze of the fingers . Pretty convenient.

This is what it is..... minus the AFG .
The light grey pads are the velcro switch things I was referring to for the light.
It also has a removable bottom rail about 5" and 2 fixed 2" rails on the sides for lights or lazers or whatever you want to add.
Only thing Is that this only works with the flex system forends and can not be used with your standard SG tube.

Last edited:
Back