• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Anything on your mind? Ticked about stuff? Post it up, doesnt really matter what its about.

I was reading another post about the killing of osama. Thing that burns me up about it is the funeral service, translating prayer to arabic... And the AG wants to prosecute the CIA agents that got the info that lead to his whereabouts. This is an awful lot like the border patrol agents that got locked up for shooting the guy crossing the border. The guy was a known drug dealer and an illegal (not migrant worker!) The feds even provided transportation for the guy so he could testify. The agents never should have done time.

Another thing, I hate political correctness. Old Mr. Woods said, just call things what they is.

I hate big government. The US government is hemoraging and bursting at the seams. The current govt has way exceeded the framers and founders intended scope of responsibility, the things that are considered to be the core duties and functions of govt. I feel like govt has removed or is trying to remove the things that would be the checks and balances to their position and authority by removing freedoms and liberties afforded us by the Constitution or more importantly, the Bill of Rights. I wish supreem court justices would keep their hands off of it and not try to legislate it.

K, I'm done for now...

Orwellian times indeed. Very "Ministry of Truth" all this time.

What drives me nuts are the idiots who talk about how strong Obama was for giving the order. Really? Name one person who was a legitimate candidate who wouldn't have? Kind of like an old Chris Rock routine where he's talking about someone who says "I take care of MY kids!" I share the same response with the folks who say "Obama was strong enough to give the order!" He's SUPPOSED TO! What does he want? A cookie?

blue said:
What drives me nuts are the idiots who talk about how strong Obama was for giving the order. Really? Name one person who was a legitimate candidate who wouldn't have? Kind of like an old Chris Rock routine where he's talking about someone who says "I take care of MY kids!" I share the same response with the folks who say "Obama was strong enough to give the order!" He's SUPPOSED TO! What does he want? A cookie?

Agreed. A related point of interest; Was it really a tough decision to surgically insert a precision strike team vs. using a JDAM with far greater collateral damage and less chance of target identification before and after the fact? If you wanna make sure youre getting such a high profile target like OBL, I'd think youd want to confirm with every means available you actually got him. Also, you dont want to make a big ruckus by dropping a bomb on our "allies" in Pakistan.

Doesnt seem like a tough choice. OBL may be in a mansion. Option #1, drop a bomb and totally disintegrate the target with little or no chance of verification and high chance of collateral damage to unintended targets. Option #2, precision insertion and extraction of a team to put eyes on the target, verify the target, eliminate the target, and get out.

Had the whole operation not been broadcast to the world at large, no one ever would have been the wiser.

Its about 4:40 in the am. I'm leavin for work. This will be my last friday for awhile, our hours are bein cutback. Its cool, friday is entirely OT, nice to have, but 40 will work.

See you all later.

FINALLY mowed the grass! Somehow Jenny managed to bend one of the blades on the rider. I couldnt bend it back correctly. That left me out $43 on a new set of blades. SET! Why cant they be purchased individually? I didnt want two blades, I wanted only to replace the offending blade. The guy said, "hey now you can replace both at the same time!" I told him I had no intention of replacing a good blade, but appreciated his pathetic attempt at trying to somehow make it seem like a good thing. Told the cashier the same thing when she asked if I found everything ok, which I had not.

Incedentally, individual blades for push mowers are about $17.

That is a bummer! It drives me crazy when you have to spend money on items that you may never end up using.

Yep, true dat...

Another thought;

Every day is a gift. Treat it as such. America is not "America: The Land of Entitlement" its "America: The Land of the Free!" Freedom comes with risk, sometimes failure, as we are given the opportunity to exercise our will. Adversity isnt a good enough reason to cave, rather a chance to grow into the individual you can become. Steel is tempered by fire and livin where the rubber meets the road will push you to learn and recognize your limits and potential. Some of us see more of our friend "Adversity" than others, (I sure as heck do) but maybe its because we push continually to do better and be better, to be among the best. Sometimes it just seems like a pointless struggle. I promise, it isnt. I'm certainly not at the end of the road, I cant see the light at the end. I sometimes think, if something isnt going wrong, then something is wrong. That sounds kinda "the glass is half empty" but I'm really not like that. I just always look for another competition, I like like to keep my stress level up just slighty, and to be just a little on edge outside of my comfort zone. I know I'm gonna make through alright, and I'm gonna be grateful all the way through.

Every day is a new day, and every day is a gift.

Amen brother! I for one try to live every day to the fullest as I don't ever want to look back and regret not doing or trying something. Stress/pressure is something I thrive off of and wouldn't have gotten to where I am today without them.

No ammount of gear is a surogate for practice and trigger time.

Rossignol said:
FINALLY mowed the grass! Somehow Jenny managed to bend one of the blades on the rider. I couldnt bend it back correctly. That left me out $43 on a new set of blades. SET! Why cant they be purchased individually? I didnt want two blades, I wanted only to replace the offending blade. The guy said, "hey now you can replace both at the same time!" I told him I had no intention of replacing a good blade, but appreciated his pathetic attempt at trying to somehow make it seem like a good thing. Told the cashier the same thing when she asked if I found everything ok, which I had not.

Incidentally, individual blades for push mowers are about $17.

I had the same thing happen to my 42" mower. i asked the sales guy why i couldn't buy just one. his answer...because you will/ might upset the balance of the two blades together.
ok i get it, one might be off in weight so you have to get two to make it balanced.

also, if you want to straighten out the old bent one, you will have to heat it up with a blow torch to re bend it back into shape. but then you run the risk of ruining it and making the steel unstable and softer.

edit: i think she bent it when she (choose one:) ran over a rock, ran over a root sticking out of the ground, had the deck set too low when she went over a mound of dirt. ran over a dead log.
i did : all of the above. :oops:

haha! lol! I love runnin stuff over on my mower! So I'm a little perplexed how it happened when she "ran over a stick".

I put just one new blade on, hooey on the balance. Dude, told me the same thing... Sometimes I bend metal by hand, I dont like heating metal unless I have too, I could have take the blade to work, but that has the word "work" in it. Heck with that. I may do it one day anyhow, rhen I still have 2 extra blades!!! :D

when i bent my first blade. i tried to straighten it by hand. ie: sledge hammer, vise. worked for about 5 minutes. as soon as i started up the mower. bam, bent right back. so i raised up the deck and roto tilled some parts of my lawn that needed it. then went and bought 2 new blades.

Somehow Jenny talked me into going to the zoo today in Cincy. Not my idea of fun, too much walking and hills and stuff. Thought I was dying...

There was a dim but never the less bright side, a highlight to the day. I was standing with my youngest daughter at the polar bear exhibit, at the big big glass where you can see them swimming. While watching one of the bears swim by over and over again, another little girl came over and stood next to Lauren . She asked Lauren what polar bears eat. Without hesitation (and also without thinking) I said "People". The little girl looked terrified, her eyes were huge and she was near tears. She didnt look at the polar bears anymore. She didnt want to talk anymore either, so we left. Not sure how that conversation went between her and her mom, and what damage has to be undone now.

Still makes me smile though! :D

Ok, making a little girl terrified was wrong. I have seen the poor judgement annd error of my wicked ways. Still funny...

We're getting a goat. I cant wait for it to head butt the dogs!

My tactical goat, formerly known as "Cracker" is now "Super Dave".

Also, my bulldog Judge tore through 2 kennels and got a hold of him the other day. Several stitches from the vet and he's in good shape.

Rossignol said:
My tactical goat, formerly known as "Cracker" is now "Super Dave".

Also, my bulldog Judge tore through 2 kennels and got a hold of him the other day. Several stitches from the vet and he's in good shape.

The dog or the goat?

Back