• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Well, the job that came knocking at my door a few posts back came back for more. I have the 2nd interview on Thursday. I don't want to jinx it, but I think my chances are good. I'm also teaching two classes, taking two classes (I'll have to drop one if I get the job), and married... so needless to say things will be busy until the end of the semester if I get this job.

Just once, I wish things would happen in the right damn order, at a time that is convenient for me. ;-(

On the good side, the pay should be quite nice, I'll be doing something related to my degree, and I may end up working on projects that I can't talk about... for reasons that I also can't talk about... ;-)

Good luck with that! Its good to hear you might be on your way up...but we won't mention that. ;)

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Dumb People Netiquette I'll let the article do all my talking. All I'll say is, FINALLY!

Thats awesome! I love laughing at the stupid things people do! I totally agree, with all the info instantly available, one should not be asking such rediculous questions in public. Questions that obviously highlight ones ignorance.

I often use bing or google to check my spelling too, though not always as there are likely to be at least a couple things in this post alone that are spelled incorrectly.

ps Hows the baby? :D

He's doing great. He's just over a month old and has already gained 2 1/2 lbs since we left the hospital. Dude never stops eating. Poor mom feels like a human pacifier. He's already trying to hold his head up on his own and has already rolled over on his own a few times. Big brother loves him to death, so we got lucky there. One of my co-workers has a 2 yr old and they had their 2nd just a few months before we did and he has had not stop issues with is oldest trying to hit the baby and throwing fits when he's feeding.

That's funny you say you spell check with Bing/Google, I do that all the time at work when I'm writing incident and daily reports. I couldn't spell my way out of a group of 5th graders if I tried, but that's no excuse with all the technology available today. Now I have no issue with asking questions that are asking for opinions on things, but posting something silly like "Who's Osama bin Laden?" on Twitter should get you a perma-ban from the internet.

Good to hear the little fam is doin well!!!

Perma-ban... I agree! Too much info instantly available!

On the other hand, their stupidity makes them easy to be spotted early on and we can therefore make an attempt to avoid them.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
He's doing great. He's just over a month old and has already gained 2 1/2 lbs since we left the hospital. Dude never stops eating. Poor mom feels like a human pacifier. He's already trying to hold his head up on his own and has already rolled over on his own a few times. Big brother loves him to death, so we got lucky there. One of my co-workers has a 2 yr old and they had their 2nd just a few months before we did and he has had not stop issues with is oldest trying to hit the baby and throwing fits when he's feeding.

That's funny you say you spell check with Bing/Google, I do that all the time at work when I'm writing incident and daily reports. I couldn't spell my way out of a group of 5th graders if I tried, but that's no excuse with all the technology available today. Now I have no issue with asking questions that are asking for opinions on things, but posting something silly like "Who's Osama bin Laden?" on Twitter should get you a perma-ban from the internet.

great to hear about your little tyke! my grand kid is just awesome. and his mom is really nice about us letting him stay over every friday...but man i'm tired on saturday....

about the spell check stuff...i'm pretty sure internet explorer has the same thing as the firefox browser ( what i'm using), anyhow, my page, if something isn't spelled correctly is underlined in red as i'm typing. then if i see that i need to change it i right click and the correct (usually) way is there in the pop up box. sometimes when i'm quoting the members here their names will be underlined and i just right click and then "add to dictionary" in that same box....

Rossignol said:
Good to hear the little fam is doin well!!!

Perma-ban... I agree! Too much info instantly available!

On the other hand, their stupidity makes them easy to be spotted early on and we can therefore make an attempt to avoid them.

Alot of times when people post easy stuff on there or show their ignorance I go to let me google that for you google it find the link and post it. It gives them step by step instructions on how to find it on google and makes them feel really stupid.

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

I got an offer! Very good pay (almost $40/hour!), in a field I am interested in, related to my major...

19 year old me, that flunked out of school, never thought I'd get here...

OK... I know I've mentioned before how much I like flea markets. Add pawn shops to that now too!

I've made some pretty decent scores recently!!!

I finally got a new to me video camera from a pawn shop, a Sony Handy-Cam with IR night vision and digital HD! $60!!! It uses mini dvd's or the pro-duo memory stick, which I opted for. The night vision is awesome! You know how in the ghost hunter shows when they run IR and you see how peoples eyes are a glowing dot? It does that! How cool is that! :D It works best in low light rather than no light and focuses a little slowly, but I'm playin with it off and on and getting used to it as we prepare for some new vids! I also picked up some pretty cool video editing software, and I'm really excited about doin some more creative video stuff!

Also! At the flea market, I found some cool stuff! I picked up a Specter Gear MOLLE holster for my 1911 and have it on my CamelBak Delta-5 vest. I picked that up for $14! It came with the MOLLE magazine pouch to attach to the holster and I got an ALICE double magazine pouch for $4! AND! I found a MOLLE BlackHawk shotgun shell pouch, like the one Dan posted in the BlackHawk thread, that holds 25 shells and unfolds, that was also $14! I found it hold 2 PMags very well!

Finally; Picked up a set of Cobra walkies! NEW IN BOX! These are the ones with a 2 mile range, 25 channels with something like 150 privacy channels or sub frequencies. I dont know if I said that right, and they also have the NOAA weather channel. $30!

I'm a comparison shopper and I'm patient. I found some things I've been lookin at for some time, and at great prices! By shopping around and not being in a hurry, I've saved hundreds of dollars over a little time on a number things like this and I get really excited about it too! :lol: Can you tell! :D

Wooo hooo! I love flea markets too. Pawn shops are my friends....

I just picked up a disc/belt sander for $55 and a bench grinder for $20! Woo hoo! Flea markets rock!

Back