• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Those are some nice scores! I got a large alice pack recently too, but for $12...

My wife has never really enjoyed shooting... she felt it was more of a responsibility to be good with the weapons we own.

Until this weekend... she, her dad, and myself went shooting, and ended up shooting at clay targets with his 20+ year old Ruger .22. She was hitting them at about 150' away with iron sights!

She really enjoyed it, and we'll be buying a new 10/22 (or a mossberg plinker) this thursday.

Flea markets around here just sell cell phone charger cords and quinceria dresses. ;-)

I passed my background/drug test, and I got my start date for the "major defense contractor". 3/9.

BFG! Awesome for her and for you too! Tell her we said nice work and hope she continues to enjoy it!

Youve just got a little more than two weeks! ;)

This one is for my son! Way to go kid! ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YB6H5q_gyU[/youtube]

They still play dodge ball here, it hasnt been outlawed due to fear of someone getting hurt or because its competitive and ... well, that could make kids feel all ... I dont even know what the arguement is against competition.

Anyway, He has been the last one left standing on a couple occassions now, down to where there is him alone on his side and as many as six remaining on the other! They have a rule about if you hit someone with the ball and it bounces off and hits another player, theyre both out! Hes done that a couple times too, as well as catching the ball thrown at him and getting the ball thrower out!

So, to Cole, congratulations!!!

Also, he is expanding the number of instruments he plays and is beginning the saxaphone now too. He is almost a straight A student, is already in a couple honors classes and is recommended for more next year. He has done well enough in science and algebra as a freshman, he has been tutoring other students off and on after school!

My boy, he's so much like me at times I wanna strangle him, then he goes and does all this stuff, totally redeeming himself!!! :D

Quite an accomplishment. I loved playing dodgeball when i was a kid. I was last man standing a few times. Good song too.

Congrats!

we used to play what was called prisoners dodgeball.
when you got hit with the ball you would go to the teams prison, who threw the ball...
the prison was behind the opposing team, and if your team had a teammate in their prison, when you had the ball you would call out the name of the prisoner you wanted to be released and throw the ball at the team. if they got hit and dropped the ball that prisoner you had called the name of was released.
also...if the team let the ball go to the prison, the prisoners could throw it at the team and get their self out....

if you really wanted fun...you would use 2 balls!!!

oh my god...so much fun....

ha..side note..i do remember getting nailed in the head and knocking me down so hard i hit my head on the tennis court pavement....stars were out in front my eyes and a huge lump on my noggin....probably a concussion too...but hey... we played to win.

RipJack!

ripjack13 said:
but hey... we played to win.

Yeah, cuz you guys were hardcore!

We played something similar to that, but it involved a team member running across to the other side to retreive their prisoners! This put the scout recon LRRP in danger of being an easy target and being taken prisoner as well!

I remember running and falling and sliding across the hardwood gymnasium floors and smakin my knees tryin to ... well, Dodge! :D

ha...the gym..we played in there when it rained....

I gotta run to work... anyone mind checkin out this last post^^^ about bein hit with a ball?

Yeah for real... its random anyway.

Another one of those weird first posts, like the one post about biology homework.

Thanks for coverin this LES, I actually forgot about it! :lol: I'll wait and see if we get a reply, who knows... Maybe someone legitimately wanted to be random.

But still, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

lol..i forgot about this cuz i deleted my email notification on it this morning by accident on my phone....

let me add...i've been hit with a baseball that a batter had hit, i was first base. it hit me in my stomach, and i keeled over. i only had a large sore bruise. nothing else....and thats when i was in high school.

So I'm watching this crappy movie on Sci-Fi and a fella pulls out a double-barrel coach gun to shoot the evil creature. Ok, I'm on board until I hear the sound of a pump being racked between shots... :lol:

Maybe it was a 20 gauge double barrel pump action 30-06.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back