• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Reloading Drills w some pics

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Went to the range today to work specifically on reloading when the gun runs dry with a new magazine.

Took out the 1911 since I'll be using it primarily this year for some competitions in USPSA (Limited 10) and IDPA.

First drill was just doing quick reloads:

1 shot, reload, 1 shot. Set on a timer for 5 seconds.... great results and hitting center mass at 7 yards on both shots with an IDPA target. reduced to 4 second par time.... barely making it. No pics of target but did that for 50 rounds.

Second reloading drill:

Having my partner load 5 rounds between 3 mags in any configuration. Then the partner would load the gun and place the loaded mags in my mag holder.

On the buzzer I was to fire through the mags and reload while hitting center mass at 7 yards with a par time of 8 seconds. Couldn't beat that par. We moved it up to 10 seconds and I was able to make that Par.

Third reloading drill (no par time):

Precision shooting at 5 yards with 2" circles. Top row 1 shot- reload- 2 shots reload- 3 shots. Bottom row 3 shots-reload-2 shots-reload-1 shot

32742326731_2173b35608_z.jpg

Fourth reloading Drill (no Par time):

Rectangle 3 shots reload
Circle 2 shots reload
1" Square 1 shot

then

1" square 1 shot reload
Circle 2 shots reload
Rectangle 3 shots

Did 4 cycles at 5 yards

32742326631_513c94b0a4_z.jpg

Back