• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Long Guns

Re: RIFLE Range Results

I'm lookin into heading up there at some point. I like putting little tight groups on paper, but I'm really lookin forward to hearing that 'ping' coming off a steel target at 500yds and out. They have positions out past 1000yds! I'd need to bring a little more stick than my .308 for that though. Looks like that excuse I was looking for to build a 300 winmag...

savage 338 lapua is reasonable, 17 or 18 pounds though. Going to shoot one this weekend, apperently no recoil, just sits there. Going to put tannerite out to 1000.

not much poop out that far with a 308 but it should make the shot. 30-06 will go 1000, 300 WM is a good choice.

I wish I had a place where I could take 1000 yard shots. Then I would have reason to purchase a long range rifle. I only have places to shoot up to 200 yards.

DHonovich said:
I wish I had a place where I could take 1000 yard shots. Then I would have reason to purchase a long range rifle. I only have places to shoot up to 200 yards.

Same here.

Put 500 rounds of Federal XM193 5.56 through the Spikes and another 240 rounds through the SCAR today. Also sent a 100 round Federal Wally World bulk pack .223 down range between the two. What a day! Here's a couple targets from the Spikes...

First 100 yd target after sight-in...

After a bit of adjustment, here's the best 100yd target of the day...

Must have felt great to finally shoot it. That is a pretty nice grouping!

Thank you Sir.

She's shoot'n nice and straight. I can't tell you how good that first round felt! I love shoot'n all my guns, but when you build one yourself it's a whole different feeling when you pull that trigger...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thank you Sir.

She's shoot'n nice and straight. I can't tell you how good that first round felt! I love shoot'n all my guns, but when you build one yourself it's a whole different feeling when you pull that trigger...

Yeah man! I bet!!! It looks great, and thats kinda what I was gonna say, I'm sure it was not only thrilling but very rewarding to have been able to shoot and enjoy what you put so much of yourself into!

Nice work!

Re: So who has gone shooting in the snow lately?

not latly but here is one from my last snowy rifle shoot

P1240133.jpg

looks like its me and you today Sniper hahhaha

yup its a CMP unit

Haha yeah, I usually lurk around during the day. Bout to jump into a meeting though.

VERY NICE rifle.

Nice garand! Is that range a 100 yards at the end?

All of the evil snow in my area has melted and I am looking forward to sunshine and warmth... if it ever stops raining! This is teh second solid week of gray skies and rain with no real end in sight. *sigh*

Looks like you guys have the right idea though...

Been gloomy and rainy here too. I feel your pain brother!

With all the CRAZY weather goin on, if that's the worst we get I'm not gonna complain too much.

Been raining here for 2 mos. We've had record rainfalls for those couple months. Totally blows, just a few days of sun here and there, may be one or two days at a time, then clouds and rain the rest of the time. Looks like the cycle is finally over, but now we're getting those pop up summer storms.

Still tryin to get some shooting in every now and then!

Back