• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range time today. With first and last.

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Had some range time today. Something different brought the first pistol i ever purchased and the last pistol ive purchased. My old llama 1911 in 38 super purchased very used in 1984 in Yuma Arizona 150 dollars from another soldier. Yes its a llama what i could afford on 550 a month base pay in a platform i was very familiar with. Supposed to be sub standard cheap yadda yadda. 33 yrs later i cannot recall ever a failure round count must be a billion if i had to guess. Other than shoot and clean the only thing ever done to it is in 1994 i had it parkerized as finish was virtually gone. This gun is smooth as butter reliable and accurate. I havent fired it in about 5 years so put a 50 rnd box thru it today for old time sake. It has been the bane of many hi dollar race guns at bowling pin matches back when they were popular. 33 yrs later glad i gave that off brand junk gun a try. first magazine at 12 yards after 5 years in the safe. 20170514_225427.jpg 20170515_134959.jpg

Nice! I still have the first gun I bought in 1965. At a pawn shop in Lawton, OK [Ft. Sill] they had a .45 for $45, a Colt .22 conversion for it at $25. I added a $100 Honda 90 motorcycle. I think E-3 pay was about $105. I shot the old unmodified .45 in 3-gun and IDPA just for hoots. Still have it and it is a great shooter. I'll never get rid of that one.

Thanx for sharing.

Nice! I still have the first gun I bought in 1965. At a pawn shop in Lawton, OK [Ft. Sill] they had a .45 for $45, a Colt .22 conversion for it at $25. I added a $100 Honda 90 motorcycle. I think E-3 pay was about $105. I shot the old unmodified .45 in 3-gun and IDPA just for hoots. Still have it and it is a great shooter. I'll never get rid of that one.

Thanx for sharing.
Pretty sure il need sleep aid tonight to quash nightmares of ft Sill since you stirred my memories of that glorious land. Had some doozies at the Gunners Inn bar there though when i was young and dumb. Ugg the heat the dust stuffed in cattle cars a lost dumb kid who thought being an FO would be awesome make it stop.

I was there from Aug to Jan. So I had all the heat, wind, and snow OK had to offer. On some weekends I was on the 105mm hip-shoot team for the fire-power demonstrations. The other weekends I riding my Honda to the top of Mt. Scott and in the desert.

upload_2017-5-15_17-24-11.jpeg

I was there for 13F AIT in 1982.
Spent most of my time in a hole in sun rain snow etc on some god for saken OP with a pair of binos a glid and some yummy mre's. Those lil 105s were cool on two gun raids for sure.

Back