• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rare "Stainless Steel" 183T made 1968 -1978

Baron

Copper BB
Hello all - has anyone seen or heard of a .410 bolt action 183T (or any variant) ever being made in Stainless Steel ? I have and I'm thinking of buying it. I can't find anything on the internet or in books about a Stainless Steel version ever being made!

Welcome to the forum from Florida. As far as I know Mossberg made a 500/590 in a Highly polished mariner finish that looked like stainless steel. I would think your 183T is the same.

Thanks Old Mossy - Very possibly - except there is no mention anywhere that I can find (online or in books) of a 183T (or any variant .410 BA) ever being made in Stainless, or a polished Mariner finish. This one is definitely Stainless, as a magnet won't stick to it. I even called Mossberg and spoke to someone who was supposedly the long term Guru there, and he said he never heard of it being made in Stainless.

Good morning Baron. Welcome to the forum. Have you inquuired with Numrich ? They might possibly know.

My Mom’s old .22 Mossberg also has a T, But it is a model 353T from 1975(?)

As far as I know they had a regular 353 but this one was a Kmart special deal with a 4x Tasco scope.

I always assumed that’s why the model number contained a T, but I could be way off base.

Back