• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rear sight that works with stock front bead?

Just an update:

Went shooting a bit with the shotgun yesterday, pretty comfortable except for the sore shoulder lol, I'll have to get some lower-recoil buckshot. :/

I had some issues with the bead sight at longer (30yds) ranges. Tried switching between slugs and buckshot, and didnt help much. I was fine with "standard HD distances", even up to 20yds or so. The bead sight just isn't working for me at anything longer.

Still gonna look into getting different style of sights for the shotgun, open to suggestions. :)

GStam66 said:
Just an update:

Went shooting a bit with the shotgun yesterday, pretty comfortable except for the sore shoulder lol, I'll have to get some lower-recoil buckshot. :/

I had some issues with the bead sight at longer (30yds) ranges. Tried switching between slugs and buckshot, and didnt help much. I was fine with "standard HD distances", even up to 20yds or so. The bead sight just isn't working for me at anything longer.

Still gonna look into getting different style of sights for the shotgun, open to suggestions. :)

Sore shoulder usually results from trying to apply rifle hold to a shotgun. Your weak arm should be absorbing most of the recoil rather than your shoulder. Known as the push/pull hold, which will also improve your ability to stay on target after each shot.

Yeah, I need to work on my grip a little more. I got more comfortable with the gun as the day went on, but by then the shoulder already got its whoopin haha.

I just need to find a sight that I'm more comfortable with than the bead. It was just a chore trying to maintain accuracy at any distance longer than 20yds or so.

The barrel got pretty hot even after 5-6 rounds. I gave it a few shots, took a break, switched to a different load, continued. I plan on getting some basic/non-gaudy heat shield. I like the look of ATI's, but from the pictures it looks like it will interfere with the stock bead.

Back