• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent Events, Dreams, and Political Fiction

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I've had a few dreams recently I'd like to piece together as a fictional story. I dont have the time tonight to really lay it out, but when I'm able to sit down I'll begin the first piece called "October Surprise". It kinda reminds me of Ray Bradbury and The Illustrated Man. He had to write the stories he saw, and i do too.

It will begin with September 11th 2012 and the recent protests/attacks on American embassies. I'll also preface this in sayin I have never hated a group of people for any broad reason such as their religion or color. In no way do I mean for this to be in any way racist or to sound bigoted.

Well, I'll see what I can get goin now...

October Surprise

The October Surprise began, not in October, but on the 11th aniversary of 9/11.

September 11th 2012, we heard of protest at the American Embassy in Cairo, Egypt. Protestors claimed an internet movie had somehow offended their delicate sensitivities by insulting the prophet Mohammed. No one here even knew of the movie and it seems a pastor in Florida by the name of Terry Jones had been using it recently to promote his own agenda. Generally speaking, we still didnt have a clue about it until after we heard of the muslim protests.

On the 11th, about twenty protestors who associated themselves with a group called the "Ultras" were able to scale the embassy wall and gain access to the grounds, and once inside, removed the American flag. They tried replacing it with their own which read loosely, "The only God is Allah, and Mohammed is his messenger". I have no idea how it is they werent shot as soon as they entered the compound, being it is sovereign American soil. They should have been sent to their maker by fire from Marine Corps rifles.

Apologies followed soon after. A lot of weak spined polititcians bendin over backwards to kiss ass in a pathetic attempt to not further offend anyone. You see, they fail to understand we are hated in the world. Nothing will change that, there is evil and hatred and whether we have a pressence in some part of the world or we dont, they will still hate us. They have always hated our way of life and who we are and probably will till Kingdom come. So what.

The following mornin we learned of an attack that left 4 dead and several other wounded. The Embassador to Libya was killed in an attack on the American consulate there by what was said to be RPG fire. Again with the apologies. The embassador to Egypt was apologizing there and Obama was apologizing here there and everywhere. It was apology fest 2012. It was enough to make you scream!

Things began to change in the following weeks as the 2012 elections drew closer. Protests escalated to wide scale rioting and even open attacks. American personnel had initially been pulled back to heavily reinforced embassies around the world after a number of murders and assassinations, and by early October, American nationals were still bein found and evacuated. Some embassies closed the gates permanently and evacuated forever. The US was officially pulling out of some countries as they were said to be "too hot". Leadin up to that point, it seemed as if every day brought new stories and footage of tragedy as Americans and Christians and sympathizers were rounded up, tortured, and often publically executed. It was never ending in our 24 hour news cycle.

Heres where the October Surprise comes in to play. There was such a public outcry here in the states, and even in a couple allied countries such as Canada and England, against the evil acts bein committed, that Obama had to do something. The administration had no choice but to actually do something! It was no longer enough to simply condemn the behavior, there were protest happenin all across the US and Obama support had withered to rather low double digits as Romney and others were very vocal and calling on Obama daily to take action. It all totally overwhelmed news stations and talk radio. It was a heated election year already and the stress in the middle east was the lynchpin.

After a particularly difficult week of bloody rioting throughout the middle east, Obama made yet another national broadcast from the Oval Office. There were a number of places where not only American nationals/citizens were bein held hostage, but also some allied citizens as well. Some were reporters, other clergy, and teachers. Some had family, while others had already seen their families murdered. All had been seen on those videos the fascist Islamic terrorists do, the kind where we had already seen beheadings and in some cases, worse.

Obama had ordered small units of American forces dispatched to what can only be described as heroing and inspiring rescue missions. He made it clear in his address to the nation that all rescue attempts were successful. In each mission, there were casualties, heavily lopsided casualties I might add with the worst of it goin to the MECs. MECs were a coalition that had formed, literally called the, "Middle Eastern Coalition". (I dont know who called them that first, it may have been a blogger that used to play Battlefield online alot.)

The missions were joint missions involving support from all branches of the US Armed Forces and had help from some of our allies. Regardless of the situations and conditions, the missions ticked off a whole lotta people in their respective countries. How ironic they were now mad about, get this, their sovereign territory bein invaded and their citizens killed as a result. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Never gonna win with some of these people...

In the few weeks to come, Obamas support and base grew exponentially, like practically overnight. Even Romney and his supporters had no option but to praise the decision to make these highly coordinated invasions. How was Romney supposed to attack Obama over that? By November , Obama was leading by a healthy margin. The short story, Obama was re-elected. People who were on the fence, voted for Obama. People who voted for Obama before, were turned off and disappointed, went back and voted for Obama. Undecided people, voted for Obama. Independents, voted for Obama. Libertarians... Did Not, vote for Obama. There were always those who were never gonna vote for Obama, and no surprises, they didnt. But nearly everyone else did.

No one knew or anticipated how scary things were gonna get here. Well, some of us did. We were called right wing nut job conspiracy theorists and paranoids. We had become the enemy though. We were singled out. They knew everything about us and no one could have "prepped" for the way things happened. You cant prepare for that. On a related note, you have no idea how much you can carry until you have to, until the safety of your wife and children depend on it!

I'll try and and update the next part of this by the weekend.

part 2 will be called "So This Is How It Happens"

You have me on the hook for the next installation in the story!

This apolgetic crap makes me sick. What is wrong with our leadership that borrows money for our grandkids to pay back and gives it to countries that hate us? They killed our diplomats and our response is to cut back or cut off their allowance. Libya screwed with Ronald Reagan one time and the F-15's answered back.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-aid-to-be-stripped-over-attacks-on-us-posts/

Anything could happen between now and the election.

I have a lot of feelings on this issue which can most succinctly be summed up by our first POTUS:

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow-citizens,) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove, that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government. But that jealousy, to be useful, must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defence against it. Excessive partiality for one foreign nation, and excessive dislike of another, cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots, who may resist the intrigues of the favorite, are liable to become suspected and odious; while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests."

On another note, the White House has rejected the halt of aid to Egypt: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/13/white-house-aid-egypt-will-continue/. Will politicians ever learn?

Thank you gentlemen for commenting here.

I know I may come off sounding conspiritorial, but I promise I only want to share in an interesting way what I've dreamt lately. Its fractured but I'm tryin to tie it together here in an entertaining way.

I hope for it to become more interesting in the next part. This is the part of my dream that really struck me. It had such an impact because of all the talk and hype and in some cases hysteria, nothing of the nature of those things happened, and yet, in the blink of an eye, what we fear most from our govt was confirmed and happened in such a way no one could possibly have prepped for.

You're not washing down tacos with coffee before going to sleep are you?

I thankfully only dreamed of muslims once, right after 9/11. The world was at war in the middle east and several ships of fanatics were able to make shore on the Delaware/Maryland peninsula. Folks from where I live, me included, were going to go fight them off. It was like the Japanese general said about a gun behind every blade of grass. When I got there it was mostly over but the AR's and deer rifles carried the day over the AK's.

Glad dreams like that are few and far between and I got back to the ones where super models are jello wresling over me! LOL

So This Is How It Happens

Dude, thats great! Nice dreams,I love dreams, theyre like movies to entertain while you sleep! :D And no, no tacos and coffee, its smokes and coffee, and milk! ;)

Heres the next little bit. I wanted to do this part now which is a jump ahead, but I'll come back with the inbetween detail in the next one.

So This Is How It Happens

The dogs had been tweekin on and off all evening and into the night with the sound of police and emergency vehicles. There were enough that we had thought there was a massive fire somewhere just outside the township limits. Probably a meth house burnin down. Anyhow, the grumbling from the dogs was just gettin annoying as I was falling asleep, so I hollered "QUIET!!!" and they settled down... falling asleep and they'd still grunt somewhat, man, I was dreamin something...

A thunderous knocking on the door burst through the silence in the house, answered by the dogs goin nuts! We dont get visitors on our end of the street, a dead end street. No one comes down here and no one else belongs down here. The dogs know this and they respond appropriately.

My first thought was to grab my shotgun, and in that moment I really missed my Springer 1911... As I came around and into lucid conciousness, I realized there were flashing lights almost everywhere it seemed, police, fire and EMS I supposed. Heck, I thought the entirety of the county's emergency services were crammed onto our tiny street!

"Mr. Rossignol, open the door!" It wasnt a request, it was a demand. I decided against the shotgun in that moment as I figured confronting a police officer, armed and in my skivvies, may leave my wife without a husband and my children fatherless.

"Mr. Rossignol, if you dont open the door we will open it for you!" I was pullin up my shorts as I opened the door. Dang, if that flashlight wasnt downright blinding! It sure as heck wasnt the police at my door, though the local boys were out there. There was a too pretty guy in a suit and what I guess was a National Guardsman standin in my door.

"Mr. Rossignol, please step outside for a moment." Jenny was cryin at this point and kept repeatin "what did you do, what did you do?" She was hysterical in that instant, like a light switch goin on, she realized some crap was about to happen and was scared to death! As I closed the door, I could hear the youngest of my youngins beginnin to scream, and the big kids were up, "Dad! Whats happenin? ... Mom?"

I walk to the end of the house and look down the street while this guy is tellin me how Staff Sgt. Murdoch was gonna help us get ready cuz there was only a half hour left to roll out. I look down the street and recognize the diesel engines to be Humvees and what appeared to be some sorta frickin transport truck, I dunno...

The suit walked away and into a some official lookin SUV, all black. Who'd a guessed. I saw the house up the road, where the little girl lives my youngest plays with. Her parents had a few bags and were standin outside waitin to board a truck when a uniformed man grabbed the bags and started diggin through them. He looked through the moms purse and removed what I thought was a handgun, like a revolver, a Judge or Govenor, or something that shape is what I was thinkin at the time. The dad, he was comin unglued. I could see it in his stance, his posture. Do you know what its like to be a dad and be completely defenseless, not in control of the situation, not establishing the boundaries of a stranger in your home, not the one makin the rules and unable to protect your family from the unknown? Unable to stand between a them and a threat? Unable to answer their questions and calm their fears? I've not ever experienced it, but I could see that this guy was there for sure. He lashed out at the guy in the uniform and was struck down in front of his wife and girls. I wanted to help, but for the moment I was still standing between my family and a threat. As they were helped into one of the trucks, I saw other soldiers, (Holy Smokes man! Yes they were soldiers!!! They were all uniformed military!) anyhow, I saw other soldiers using rattle can paint to mark the doors and windows of the houses they had cleared.

I looked at the kid in front of me, maybe in his early twenties, and no doubt one of those combat veterans pulled out of Afghanistan with no job to go to here at home and therfore enlisted with the Guard.

The young SSG was carryin a rifle and side arm. "Come on man, we're on the same side here" I said to him. "Sgt... come on! Look at us man, we're just a little family, you gotta let us get outta here, you gotta let us take our chances on our own!" I think I said more, maybe I said less, I dont remember, I just remember pleading and pleading to this kid, this young man I could see didnt wanna be there and likely didnt know why he was there. Just pleading... whatever it took for my family in that moment. "Mr. Rossignol, I cant tell you what I think you should do, I cant advise a course of action, that I feel if youre going, you should leave the house on the side thats still dark and make it to the woods quickly. I cant advise you to do this now as if it were an order. I can wait till the last minute. I'll go outside for a smoke." "Thanks brother", I said to him. And I couldnt help myself, I shook his hand and thanked him for serving! He laughed, a weird laugh if I recall correctly. "yall wont likely find yourselves alone out there, I've heard rumors of there being others out there tonight who find themselves fleeing just as you all are. I wont be too far behind you, but I got a son I have to keep safe first, you know? You gotta light?" He said all this as he winked and stepped out our door. I heard the rattle of a spray can and then the airy soundin blast of paint against the window panes... weird how you pick up on the small and seemingly insignificant details.

It was time to roll the F@#$ OUT! All the prep, the stocked go bags and bug out bags, and then panic, like what the heck do I do first? We had maybe 15 minutes to get what we could conceivably carry out of the house. We have three kids, dogs and a couple birds and animals werent goin. We started issuin orders, and at the same time keepin it quiet. We grabbed every water bottle we had, plus filled two CamelBaks. Canned goods were heavy, but they went with us, first aid kits, trauma kits, our few firearms and all the ammunition. I'll tell ya now, we didnt get out of there without leavin some valuable and helpful stuff behind. We had enough backpacks, fire starting tools, radios, batteries, tarp, handwarmers, extra socks, several hundred feet of paracord, flashlights, all this stuff was already packed, but try to remeber rain gear, underwear, the frickin tent! Where was the tent? No clue, it was either in a car or in the shed! Do we need chargers, do we need the frickin phone chargers and what the heck was my youngest doin! I tried to be calm, I tried bein strong, I didnt want the kids to see me breakin down, and they held it together themselves really well. We let all the dogs out and left the back door and gates open. Wondered if any would catch up to us... I grabbed one last thing and put it in my jacket pocket, my Bible.

Boots on feet and our big kid britches on snug, we threw everythin out the window. I helped Jenny and the kids out the window, and we all froze for a moment and listened. Everyone grabbed a pack, and I grabbed everythin else. I carried two long guns, Jenny carried another and Allison her own. UGH! I left my father in laws knives... and what was happenin to my mom and Jennys mom and dad? Would we be able to find them, probably not. And each of us knew it. Jenny and the kids, they were quiet, but they were crying.

On three! ... ... ... GO! Quickly and quietly! I watched them go, and then I went myself! We made it to the woods quickly, it wasnt but 50 feet. We also knew the woods well and made it down and to the creek, crossin carefully over the rock and very very cold water. We crossed so as to be on the far side and in the tree line so any noise from us wouldnt as easily carry back towards the houses and anyone who might be payin attention.

Man, what the heck was I carryin and what was I thinkin? Didnt matter, only thing that mattered was to take care of my family and find some place safe. No more catchy mottos, no more talk. I had to do now what I'd said for years I'd do, and that was to never quit, never stop, and never give up on them. Yeah, it was a catchy motto of mine, but now was time to make good on it. Also, each of them was burdened that night too.

I knew we could follow the creek and stay well outside the township limits, but it would also take us out of the way somewhat. I didnt have any other choices that night. It was dark and frosty. No way we could navigate the woods and keep movin under stress. It would be easier to not have to think about a heading right now and the path of the creek would keep us well away from the other small townships that dotted the route. That would suck later...

We had about 45 miles to go to get to where I thought we could settle into relative safety. It would be a long night, but what the heck else were we gonna do? Just keep movin.

No one wanted to look back, but we all did. And then it occured to me, "So this is how it happens..."

Man, your dreams are long and detailed or do. I'd have woke up in a sweat and out of breath after that last part.

When is the next installment coming or are your still working on filling in the blanks at night?

I do often have dreams that are much like movies and sometimes go and out of sleep, returning to the same dream.

The last part is primarily where the story comes from and has spawned the rest of it. The title of the story, "So This Is How It Happens" was the focus of the dream and is rooted or begins with the presumption Obamma is re-elected. So I began wonderin how we get there, what current events can lead us there and is it possible that with an Obamma second term, the culmination of our fears could manifest?

I do still have blanks to fill in, but it won't likely be in dreams. What I began with impressed upon me a sense of urgency, for whatever reason, to tell the story. I have the general idea but am still tryin to fill in the blanks in a way that makes sense.

I'll fall back with the next piece and describe the lead up to a total blackout of services and entire families in entire town bein rounded up and taken to temporary FEMA camps during a "cleansing" to make areas safe. I'll describe the massive and coordinated effort to accomplish this in the first night with DHS leading the charge. No warning save for few sign which went totally without coverage in the media.

The actual dream dealt with no warning, no whistle blowers, no watchdog groups soundin an alarm, just govt officials showin up at peoples doors in the middle of the night to forcibly remove folks from their homes. The operation was massive and and highly coordinated among several agencies and used national guard troops to enforce martial law. they hit entire cities all at once, establishing checkpoints and cutting of every route in and out. They relied on the blackout to prevent the flow of information. No cell phones, no FB, no internet... even water and electric cut off to maximize the disorientation at 3 am. For those who had family or safehouses in the country stocked with supplies waiting for them, there was no way to warn and no way of gettin there without first escapin the clampdown. How does preppin for collapse benefit if there isn't any warning to be able implement a plan? How does a stockpile benefit if you're physically and forcibly removed and relocated well away from your rations and plans?

Just a thought or thoughts... at what point do you say " we aren't goin to work and school today" ? I don't believe a clampdown will be widely publicized by any news source, agency, or administration. These things and ideas are what came from the dream and are what prompted and inspired the basis of the story.

Good read here Brad. I wish my dreams were as detailed as yours..or even half as long....

Back