• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoil Pad options for 590?

Rossignol said:
I have yet to try a slip on recoil pad, but I have switched to Hogue stocks and the recoil pads are PLUSH!

Same here!!! I went with the Overmold and I love the thing. Very comfortable. ;)

norcal_590 said:
You bet. The best deal I could find was through these guys. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT

36.99 shipped. My local gun shop wants 45.00 for one.

Thanks! Grabbed this for my new 590A1 51518.

590a1.jpg

jjmIII_Ruger said:
OOPs, not even a close fit for my gun :x .

What limbsaver is best for a 590A1 model 51518???

HELP!

Download the .pdf template for all Limbsaver recoil pads at the top of this page: http://www.limbsaver.com/technical/templates.php Print it out at 100% size, not reduced to fit page or enlarged, so the sizes will print out exactly as intended. Then just remove your recoil pad and place the butt of your gun on each template to find the one that is closest.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

*Shooters Friend Recoil Pad* I swear by these because I am a small 5'5" woman diagnosed with severe osteoporosis several years ago. Last May I attended a shotgun match, fired off 125 rnds of 20 ga and I was fine the next day when my friend thought for sure that I would be shoulder sore. Also, it really doesn't add to the LOP. This pad spreads the felt recoil nicely.

IMG_1283-1.jpg

IMG_1270-1.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Shooters-Friend-R ... recoil+pad

Ripsnortr said:
oooo Haven't looked at these before. They even have one for the tactical stocks!

http://www.limbsaver.com/firearms/34-35.php

Ordered this one for the flex 590 tactical stock b4 Xmas and it just came in today.
Will post about it this weekend after testing it out.

P/N 10019 is what you need for the 6-position stock.
It was a little harder to get on than the original stock setup but it does fit on there nicely and just by the feel of it I can tell its already gonna be better than the original one it comes with.

Ok. So I got to try out the limb saver today on the 590 and all i got to say that s WOW what a difference it makes in shooting the gun.
Went thru 50 rounds today and didn't even feel like I was shooting a shotgun, felt like I was shooting a .22
LES was right, it does feel like getting hit with a pillow.... :lol:
Now I did get me on video firing different size shells and the Magnum shells, and it did kick but it sure didn't feel like the recoil was even a factor.
Limb saver claims they absorb 70% of the recoil, well, I personally think its an understatement and its more. Hell my wife hates shooting the 590 because of the recoil, and today with the limb saver on she just kept on shooting and shooting, I was just glad I was able to get a turn to shoot too.
By far the best accessory you can buy for any shotgun. :mrgreen:

Glad to see it's working out for you and the Mrs.

Just remember,

Making your weapons 70% more comfortable for the wife to shoot will in turn reduce your shooting time by 70%. It's a scientific fact... :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Glad to see it's working out for you and the Mrs.

Just remember,

Making your weapons 70% more comfortable for the wife to shoot will in turn reduce your shooting time by 70%. It's a scientific fact... :D
:lol: great now I got to get me another 590 so I get a turn... :lol:

I use a Hogue 12" LOP with the Small Limbsaver Slip-On Recoil Pad #10546 over it, bringing the overall LOP to 13".

My only issue with this set-up is that when I pull the buttstock back into my shoulder, it has a tendency to wiggle just a little bit. After a few shots I usually have to re-adjust the slip-on pad too, it begins to move out of position. I'm looking for a solution to help hold the pad in place firmly and securely, but that also dosen't involve me gluing the pad to the stock since that would make removal of the stock a huge PITA if I never needed to for some reason.

As far as the recoil.. the Hogue stock has a pretty decent recoil pad as it is. With the Limbsaver it is pretty much overkill, but then again who's to say there is any such thing as overkill when we're talking about reducing felt recoil on a pump action shotgun :)

Attachments

• 20130219_163653-1.jpg
    20130219_163653-1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,001
You could try the 3M high bond tape used to put trim on cars to anchor it in place; that way you could always remove it and the tape is low profile.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Back