• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

tomcat said:
How much heavier is the ergo railed forend than the factory mossberg ribbed forend? Want to get the ergo for my A1 but want to be weight conscious. I found the ergo weighs 11oz but could not find the weight for the factory forend to compare no matter how much searching I did. Is the weight difference negligible or is it very noticeable?

If you are referring to this factory forend from my 590A1, here's what it weighs.

20130421_075636_zpsf871bff5.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

srvctec said:
tomcat said:
How much heavier is the ergo railed forend than the factory mossberg ribbed forend? Want to get the ergo for my A1 but want to be weight conscious. I found the ergo weighs 11oz but could not find the weight for the factory forend to compare no matter how much searching I did. Is the weight difference negligible or is it very noticeable?

If you are referring to this factory forend from my 590A1, here's what it weighs.

20130421_075636_zpsf871bff5.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
That's the one! Thanks a lot!!

Accessories I went for on my 590

Choate "+1" 2-rnd mag tube extension
SBEprecision aluminum high vis follower (orange)
Wolff mag spring
Promag aluminum enhanced saftey
Mesa tactical polymer side saddle 6rnd
Magpul SGA stock
Magpul cheek riser
Magpul SGA receiver sling mount
Magpul QD cups
Magpul Rem buttpad adpater
Limbsaver classic for Rem 870
NCstar receiver rail
XSsights big dot tritium front sight
Vtac 2pnt sling with Magpul paraclips and a metal D-ring to convert to a 1pnt sling

(Not sure if I am going to keep these, but are mounted for now. Might consider changing to CDMgear MTC)
Elzetta ZSM-T flash light mount with QD kit
Surefire G2X polymer LED flashlight.

Still deciding on a forend and heat shield solution since the factory Mossberg heat shield doesn't fit with mine and apparently neither does the AimPro one. After reading the past few pages here I am considering the ergo forend with a shaved down Magpul AFG to fit and the ergo hand stop mounted on the 9'oclock position.

So I came across something interesting on the calguns forums. What's the consensus here on this? I know it's on a Rem870 but the same thing can be applied to a Mossberg. It's a Mesa Tactical LEO buttstock adapter that uses AR pistol grips and adjustable AR stock, then the guy used a Pearce AR 1911 grip adapter. So now his shotty essentially has a 1911 grip and telescoping AR stock with hydraulic shock absorbing capability.

So I came across something interesting on the calguns forums. What's the consensus here on this? I know it's on a Rem870 but the same thing can be applied to a Mossberg. It's a Mesa Tactical LEO buttstock adapter that uses AR pistol grips and adjustable AR stock, then the guy used a Pearce AR 1911 grip adapter. So now his shotty essentially has a 1911 grip and telescoping AR stock with hydraulic shock absorbing capability.

I like your enthusiasm! That 870 is an interesting rig. I'll leave it to others to comment on a pistol grip/collapsible stock as I set mine up with a shorter LOP over molded fixed stock. Jtres has a good point about the pistol grip on a Mossberg.

For an 870 - the pistol grip makes sense. For a mossberg (except 88), you're giving up easy control of the safety.
I like your enthusiasm! That 870 is an interesting rig. I'll leave it to others to comment on a pistol grip/collapsible stock as I set mine up with a shorter LOP over molded fixed stock. Jtres has a good point about the pistol grip on a Mossberg.

I personally agree with the both of you in regards to functionality when it comes to reaching the safety but even if its just novelty I thought it was real neat to see some 1911 in the mix. My own Mossy has a Magpul stock as I find it's somewhat of a hybrid in terms of the grip angle but still sporter style stock so reaching the safety wouldn't be an issue and has a decently short LOP.

I replaced my safety button today with a metal one similar to yours from Brownell. I mounted the firearm in my gun vise and pressed down firmly as I turned the factory screw to remove it. I found no reason to follow the instructions to remove the trigger assy. I like the looks of the screw you used. Knowing how obsessive I can be, I expect to order the same. Thanks.

Hey, y'all....does anyone know the specific dimensions of the sling swivel studs used on the Mossberg 590 Shockwave birdshead grip? What size is the stud?

I actually just received a set of GrovTech sling-swivels with the QD and recepticle for the push-button release. I will use it for a MagPul with single-point push-button ends. It seems to do the trick for me. Thanks for all of the input

These are the GrovTec sling-swivels that fit my bill for use of my MagPul single-point sling. I use this on my Shockwave. Can use either one or two, as two per package is how they come.

Attachments

• grovtec03.jpg
    grovtec03.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 42
Are there limbsaver recoil pads for this stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, their small slip-on pad will fit but the Hogue pad that comes on it is just as effective as the limbsaver. Plus, adding the slip-on will add a full inch to the LOP...

Back