• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: Is anyone running the S&J +2 mag tube extension on a 590

I would contact Simon Beeson of S&J. Good guy, send an email and he'll back to you, and tell him I said hi!

Which + 1 Mag Extension for 590A1, 18"?

Since no one makes a + 2 mag extension for the 590A1 18" barrel that sits even with the muzzle I was wondering which + 1 mag extensions would work well? Thanks!

Re: Which + 1 Mag Extension for 590A1, 18"?

DHonovich said:
http://shop.nordiccomp.com/NC-Shotgun-Extension-Complete-Assemblies-for-12ga-12GA-EXT.htm

I run the Nordic Components magazine extensions on my Mossberg 930 autoloader. They are very well made (http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=971) and I highly recommend them. Well worth the money.

Though I havent tried them, I'm inclined to agree with Dan just from what I've seen. They offer so much in their magazine extensions, and they have reviewed very well! Good lookin piece, nice finish and it looks like a good investment!!!

Re: Delrin follower... Good idea?

I'm just wondering how it's a better mousetrap than the thick plastic follower that is already in the gun.

I know the one you linked is a bright orange, but whether you see it or not doesn't change the fact that if you do see it you're still empty.

Brightly colored followers are just that.

They don't help you shoot better

They don't scream at you to get your attention when you cycle that last shell into the chamber. Or at least no better than if you look and see a brass shell in the tube or whether you don't. Either way you're going to have to look to see.

Sorry, I just don't see the benefit.

Yeah, I mean if someone likes it because it is a visual indicator thats cool but not a must have for me either. Now the material would be a lot more important to me personally. Made not to ever hang up. My follower on the 500 is a thin steel cup. I could see how a polished alloy or delrin follower would be slicker but this is my second 500 and between the two I have shot who knows how many shells and never a problem…but there must be something there or companies wouldn’t make them….Do your homework though because I have heard of aftermarket followers reducing capacity.

oli700 said:
I have heard of aftermarket followers reducing capacity.

This is the case with some. I'm trying to remember who it is who makes one that doesnt reduce capacity... In any case, its delrin! And brighly colored!!! :D

Funny... I thought I replied to this thread already... must be old age...

I realize this won't make me a better shooter or save the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea. I like the idea of a red "mag empty" flag, I like the theoretical idea of a delrin follower for its low-friction properties on metal (and to limit the scraping noise I hear when I load), and I like the $12 price tag.

I will be careful to see if this does not reduce mag capacity. Thanks for the comments, all...

I feel that for 4 dollars more you can have a great follower with the Vang Comp that is stainless and well,..... bomb proof and does not reduce capacity. IF you are worried about the color mainly, the vang it is very bright compared to the all black surroundings and very easy to see and a much better product. I wouldn't worry about the metal to metal sound. Just my .02
follower-web.jpg

SoCal Choppas said:
I ordered this one from GG&G, I'll let you know how I like it after I get it and install it...but still waiting on the return of my SPX

Mossberg-930-590-Follower-Web-Page13176701034e8a0cd7ef1d7.jpg

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-930-shotgun-follower.html

Let us know how it goes, It says its a "Insert" I cant tell from the pics on how it is mated together. For some reason I think of Murphy's law :twisted: I am not saying it can come apart, but you know. If you can when you get a chance post some pics when you get it. I would like to see how it is made since I have not seen one in person.

Will do..I'll take detailed pics and see how they fit the stainless and aluminum together

John A. said:
They don't scream at you to get your attention when you cycle that last shell into the chamber. Or at least no better than if you look and see a brass shell in the tube or whether you don't. Either way you're going to have to look to see

You could get a trunk monkey. When he sees its bright color he gives you a whack in the shins to let you know you're empty instantly.

I'm kidding.....

I never had any problem with followers. Problem I did have was a clamp on tri-rail causing the magazine to be slightly egged (not permanent) from uneven torquing of the Allen head screws on the piece that clamped around the magazine, causing the brass to get caught. Loosening the screws and re-torquing them fixed that problem.

ripjack13 said:
You could get a trunk monkey. When he sees its bright color he gives you a whack in the shins to let you know you're empty instantly.

I'm kidding.....

Even better idea !!! :lol:

590 Magazine tube nut

Hey yall. I have noticed on my 590 Mariner that the magazine tube nut it extremely hard to get on and off, and is unable to be accomplished without the use of pliers (padded with rubber). Is this normal for 590's or is something amiss?

Re: 590 Magazine tube nut

+1 hand tight on and off for me too. Try cleaning the mag tube and nut threads.

Back