What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington Long Range as 20ga HD ammo

I would not use bird shot for HD, regardless of load. Some will argue this but it is more suitable for turkey and pheasant hunting than any type of HD application IMHO.

#4 birdshot is not the same as #4 buck. #4 buck has a larger pellet diameter and carries a lot more energy than the smaller #4 bird shot.

Even though they will not have as little recoil as birdshot I agree with ^^^ buckshot is the way to go for HD. Birdshot will not give you the penetration or stopping power of buck. I have heard #4 buck or low recoil 00 buck are good alternatives to a normal load.

The way I see it pulling the trigger in a HD scenario is a life or death choice, I'm not really concerned with a sore shoulder.