• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington TAC-14 in 20ga. Will Mossberg follow?

I called Mossberg Service. The Tech was not aware of any plans to make a 20 ga Shockwave but he did say Mossberg has received many requests for a 20 ga version.

The telephone answerers aren't going to know what corporate is thinking about or going to do. And only they could answer that question, and I'm not convinced they would prior to a press release.

Not that I am aware of.

The 590 is the civilian version of the 12 gauge the Navy is using.

Remington had the advantage of having a 20 ga ready to go in the 870 line. Mossberg only has 12 ga models in the 590/590A1 line. Maybe Remington's new 20 ga will be the push Mossberg needs.

Last edited:
I just did a long look on Gunbroker and other websites for the 20ga Shockwave. NADA, ZIP. Nothing out there yet. It will happen.

Here are the details on the 20ga. It looks like it is a 590, thick wall barrel, 3" chamber, 20ga Shockwave and not a modified 500. The MSRP is the same for both the 12ga and 20ga at $455.00 so the street price should be about $350 to $380 once stock is available.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/590-shockwave-6-shot-20-gauge/
I do believe I want one.

I think I saw that the 20 gauge is just a bit heavier than the 12 gauge version. Can that be right?

Joe

Back