• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington TAC-14 in 20ga. Will Mossberg follow?

Thanks, Rico. It's better to wait until I can find a heat shield. There are plenty of 12ga heat shields out there but not so many 20ga heat shields. That combined with the very short barrel length and larger diameter of the heavy barrel, may mean that what I want is not out there. The Big Dot sight is on the way to me and I'll wait for awhile to see if I can find a good heat shield. But, I'll mount the sight if I can't find the correct heat shield.

I ordered a GroveTec single sling swivel adapter for the Mossberg 590 to see if it will work to mount a sling if I use the recoil strap on the Raptor grip. It fit but the threaded section was not long enough to work in the 20ga receiver which is not as wide as the 20ga receiver. I used a 10-32 die to extend the threaded section so I could properly tighten the nut on the sling adapter. I have attached photos of the 12ga and 20ga trigger assembly receiver pins that shows the difference in length between the 12ga and 20ga. The shorter pin is the 20ga pin. I also show the sling mounted on the receiver. Since I am left-handed, I put the sling mount on the right side so the forearm would face the outside when I carry muzzle down with the sling on my right shoulder.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...irmation&utm_content=product-description-link

100_0444 (Small).JPG

100_0445 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Back