• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remove a forearm and stock from a Bantam?

I got a 500 Bantam 20ga from Walmart.

I have disassembled the whole thing. I want to do some custom work on the wood alone without messing with the metal.

I cannot remove the the ACTION SLIDE TUBE NUT with the Mossy Utili Tool as it seems to be screwed on by superman. I want to remove the ACTION SLIDE ASSEMBLY so I can work on the forearm.

I also cannot seem to get the stock off. I have a long enough flathead ,but ,yet again superman (I mean Mossberg) did their job on this. Icould just tape off the metal but I was hoping to do some work at......er......work :) Bringing in even a partial firearm wouldn't fly , especially at GOV offices.

Any tool you would recommend to remove these or approaches I should take?

PS- not a wimp , just don't want to screw up my stuff :lol:

I have a 500 A when I went to swap the wood furniture for synthetic the screw for the stock was a pain. It took. Archametes and I probably about a half an hour to break it loose. With the wood stock we notice that you have to go in at a certain angle or other wise the flat head digs into the wood. Just be patient and work it a little. Using Pliers or vice grips on the screw driver will give you a little leverage. As for the forearm my nut came off easily.

Try using heat on the tube nut.

A heat gun will do wonders or even a hair dryer can help loosen the nut. As far as the stock bolt goes, with the screwdriver in place give it a few good taps on the end with a mallet. The impact will help loosen the threads. Keep us posted...

Back