• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Repeal the Hughs Amendment

Already signed.

In the lower 300's if memory serves. But I'm all for it.

This "law" was rammed through congress under speaker rangle (sp?) and was passed under voice vote, in which the opposing voices were ignored and after requests for written votes were also ignored in order to ban them.

Over 25,000 have signed and I would like everyone of you Mossberg guys to get in there and sign it too.

Thank you Pawpaw. I didn't see a post about it here and I thought it deserved one even at this late date.
Especially at this late date!

Thank you Pawpaw. I didn't see a post about it here and I thought it deserved one even at this late date.
Especially at this late date!
It needed to be highlighted. It was mentioned in the NFA thread but it should have been put in its own thread for more traffic. I intended to do it but must have gotten sidetracked. This thread will.draw more attention. Thanks!

Done....

You've successfully signed the petition below. Your signature has been verified and counted.

It's up to 38,315. Not huge progress but it is moving. Keep spreading the word.

Petition closed at 97,910.

Pretty sad. Once again, with all the Pro 2A people out there this should have been a slam dunk. I know it was just a petition to get them to look at it but I look it as an indication of the fragmented support we have in the pro gun community.

Over a million people signed the petition to view trumps taxes.

Priorities!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just looked, and:

1,151 signed

Thanks for finding and posting this. Signed and shared again as well.

Last edited:
I'm reading/participating in an interesting topic on a forum that is mostly nfa stuff.

Looks like a vocal few are crying about their "investments" becoming worthless if this passes, but the majority are supportive of this measure, even if it means taking a hit on the value of some of their collection.

And for full disclosure, my screen name is MPA guy there. Don't know why, but it's the only forum where I registered with a different screen name. Anyway, thought some of you guys would like to read it.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...m-should-sign-this-Over-turning-the-Hughs-act.

Looks like a vocal few are crying about their "investments" becoming worthless if this passes, but the majority are supportive of this measure, even if it means taking a hit on the value of some of their collection.

And these few guys are the problem. In fact I find that attitude more offensive than someone who is totally anti-gun. :brick:

It's not about being the elite few that can afford this stuff it's about protecting the rights of all.

I had a few people tell me that they already signed it, I had to point out that this is a NEW petition. Everyone make sure you mention that if you share it elsewhere.

There were several other floundering petitions on the White House site which I signed, but they are getting no traction.

One was to investigate Kevin De Leon, and another was to stop the unconstitutional California gun laws.

One was to repeal the Russian gun ban and another to repeal the importation ban on American military guns.

I don't think any of these petitions will get attention this time, but I think that they will be resubmitted with more vigour in the future.

One was to repeal the Russian gun ban and another to repeal the importation ban on American military guns.

Import ban on American military weapons, was probably done per the attorney general, because they are empowered with the ability to determine what is a "sporting" weapon, according to the 1968 gun control act (gca). I have hated that law for as long as I have known about it and I don't like a single invididual to be able to make such decisions. Further, "sporting" is not mentioned in the constitution or bill of rights anywhere in the first place.

I'm not certain what "Russian" weapon import ban you are speaking of. President Bush sr. stopped importation of Chinese weapons and ammunition by executive order. That could easily be reversed.

During that same executive order, he banned "certain" parts such as barrels from importation from anywhere because they didn't fit the "sporting" clause that I mentioned earlier.

Back