• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Right or privilege?

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
In another thread I mentioned driving, because NOW everyone considers driving is a privilege and not a right.

This came about with the invention of the car crash.

I thought, there was never a law about who can drive an animal, or an animal powered vehicle.

Yet driving must be considered such a critical human right, that the state of California gave driver's licenses to any illegal alien who could pass a driving test and pay the fee.

No background checks.

In fact, unless you admitted to being an illegal alien, they tried to register you to vote too!

So it seems like California has established a good precedent for the right to drive a motor vehicle being a right and not a privilege.

Meanwhile other forces claim that human driven cars are too dangerous to be allowed on the road and eventually everything will be powered by robotics. They have okayed the testing of this type of vehicle in California and other places as well.

I foresee an enormous human rights fight over this issue in the future, by old guys like me who still want to drive, and young people who claim that we are incapable of manually navigating modern traffic.

Oh man . . . if you want to get a real headache go watch the one called The Dentist of Jaipur.

Now that is 5 minutes of third world reality. :eek:

That's not entirely dissimilar to driving in New York City.

One day I was on the phone with my wife for an hour and a half (using a headset) while I drove to the Holland Tunnel. I started out only 5 or 6 blocks away. We still ended the call before I got to the tunnel entrance.

Back