• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 loading and unloading issues

BrianJ

.270 WIN
I am a fairly new owner of an SA-20, new to shooting, and seem to be having issues unloading the magazine and problems with shells jamming on the lower and/or outer edges of the barrel when loading.
I sent it back to Mossberg but it still seems to have the same problems. While I'm new to guns, I notice the elevator has a tab on one side of its upper edge that "kind of but not quite" lines up with a slot in the bolt linkage that moves. The tab does not go into the slot, keeping the elevator from going all the way up (or down depending on the position of the gun). When I have to unload shells from the mag they jam on the leading horseshoe notch on the front of the elevator at about 1/2 inch out. This forces me to push harder on the elevator to release the shell and I think it twists it causing the failure to feed later. I sent pictures of the misalignment to Mossberg but they just replaced the trigger assy. Anyone have issues or hear of issues with this? Does anyone else notice the tab and slot do not align?

I unfortunately do not have a lot of experience with the SA-20 but are you still having this issue. If so would you be able to post some pictures of what you are describing?

Back