• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Safety Switch/Button Upgrade

Which safety should I upgrade to??

• Total voters
Some of you may know of my issue with the stock safety switch that came on my new 590a1. Want to get people opinions and suggestions as to which safety switch/button I should upgrade to. The two I know of are ProMag's Enhanced Safety and S&J's Jumbo Safety. Which one do you guys think I should go with and why?? And are there others I should consider?? Thanks!!
SafetyPlus-e1413234823557.jpg

ProMag's Enhanced Safety

JumboSafety-e1413234841330.jpg

S&J's Jumbo Safety

I don't have any issues with the stock safety, but I will weigh in on these two only as a first impression. That being said, if you must switch then I wouldn't choose the ProMag. Why? The less crap sticking out from your weapon means the less chances to get hung up on things. The slicker the better for smooth transitions. Again just my first impression. I'd like to here what you end up going with after you run one for awhile! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Elite Tactical safety (which looks exactly like the S&J) on my 930SPX. I did not like the look of the ProMag for the same reason IrishMedicRN mentioned.

I'm 100% happy with it and have no intention of changing it.

Back