• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Same old Model 500, new stock set.

TomcatPC

.270 WIN
For some reason, I went and got a set of new black synthetic stock set for my 1979 New Haven 600, which nothing like it did when I got it in Dec. Honestly, I'm not into the "tactical black plastic" things, but I felt it would be good to have a stock set that if it got beat up at the range, it would not be the end of the world. I like the way the other two wood sets look...but this might grown on me. Anyway, here is my "black gun".
Mark

Here it is before.

Nice!

I'm a fan of wood furniture on guns as well, but it's ice to have a poly set that you can bang around without cringing if it gets nicked. My shotguns see a lot of use at the range and I'm not ginger with them by any means. The plastic stuff serves it's purpose pretty well...

I did the same thing Tomcat. Looks good both ways.

Like LES said, don't want to mess up the old wood.;)

It looks better than I thought it would, I'm starting to like it more. I think that both types of stock sets were used on Model 500s used by the USN?, so that is a good thing for me. Never been a fan of plastic looks wise, but maybe I will learn to like it more?
Mark

It does kinda grow on you.

Does that make it an "Assault Weapon" now? :eek:

Back