• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sars K2 doublestack 45ACP

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
After having a long list of what I wanted in a 45acp HD gun, and at a price that I could live with, I finally found the one that I was looking for. This has been in the works over a year now.

I wanted something that had a rather large capacity, but with a grip that felt good and didn't feel like you were holding a truck bumper.

I wanted something with a light rail.

I wanted something that was made of steel instead of polymer.

I wanted something with a chrome or nitride barrel.

I wanted something with a large beavertail so I can get my hand up high on the gun and behind the barrel to mitigate recoil.

I wanted something with adjustable sights (windage and elevation) so I can dial it in perfectly to me.

Not striker fired, had to have a hammer and being able to have it cocked/locked is a bonus

SA/DA trigger

And the gun being based on the CZ75 design was an extra added bonus because I still love shooting my Canik S120.

The K2 can use Para 14 magazines (although the para uses a slightly different follower and doesn't lock the bolt back, at least not straight out of the box), and the slide is decidedly remiscent of a Sig P220 in the overall shape of it.

Introducing the EAA import Sarsilmaz (Sars) K2 45. It takes the most desirable features of several different make and model guns and combines them into what I think is perfect for what I want it for. I don't plan on trying to carry this gun concealed, and I hope I never have to use it for social work period, but if I do, I think this gun is going to be my main grab at home, and perhaps while I am out and about on my atv or wherever because there is an old saying that I have long remembered. 45acp. Because shooting something twice is just silly.

I don't have the gun I ordered yet, but I was able to fire and inspect one that my uncle had last year, and it was immaculate. The machinework was darn near flawless. It was very accurate, felt good and pointed naturally. I can't wait until it hits my FFLs door, probably monday for more pics and review.

Until then, I'll leave this here.
pix219325556.jpg

https://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/k2-pistol/

The SARSILMAZ K245 Semi Auto Pistol is not just another pretty gun. It is loaded with the features you want. Built by Sarsilmaz for the Turkish Military, the K2 was designed using modern technology to produce a state of the art handgun. It is impressive from barrel to grip, and built for a lifetime of reliability.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/tr/sarsilmaz-k2-45-e.html

http://www.sarsilmaz.com.tr/en-us/k2-45-black/660/Page.aspx

Bandwidth warning, lots of pics will follow.

sark k2 004.JPG

I knew it had a chromed barrel, but the next thing I noticed immediately, the guide rod is also chromed. I expected that it would be some type of steel, but I wasn't aware they were chromed as well so that was a nice bonus I wasn't expecting.
sark k2 005.JPG

For size comparison against a Springfield XD40
sark k2 007.JPG
Also, I have heard many call it a beast because of it's dry weight, but in all fairness, it was only 7 ounces heavier than my Beretta Centurion.

Internal machining is very nice.
sark k2 018.JPG

sark k2 019.JPG

These were the only machining marks that I saw anywhere on the gun. And they are very insignificant. This is the inside/top of the slide and will never be seen unless the gun is laying in pieces.

sark k2 030.JPG

Parts fitment are all snug and well done.
sark k2 020.JPG

sark k2 021.JPG

Feedramp, chamber, bore/rifling is nice
sark k2 027.JPG

One thing I noticed about the slide is how much of the slide (internally) supports the muzzle end of the barrel. After a couple drops of oil, the barrel felt like it was on bearings while moving the slide back and forth.
sark k2 032.JPG
Looking forward to shooting it, but it's not looking hopeful at this time. I'll update more when I do.

Great pistol, 14 + 1 capacity of 45ACP!!! IT IS A BEAST! Especially when fully loaded! The only negative I can find @ all is it is not rated for +P @ all. No high velocity rounds. Turkey makes some of the best ammo, pistols, & shotguns in the world, period. I'm gonna get one too, someday B-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Very cool. An thats a lot of heat to be packing around. What insert did you have to use for the TLR 1?

You are correct Liberty. I did read in the owners manual that it wasn't rated for +p, but I don't usually keep much of it around anyway. Maybe only enough to test to make sure they'll cycle OK and then to keep the top few rounds of my HD mag topped off.

+p and +P+ ammo is too costly to feed a gun a steady diet of them anyway. But any gun worth it's salt should handle a warm round every now and then. Just that I should expect stuff to wear faster as a result.

With that said, I don't think many people would want to tangle with a low powered 45 and 230's are all I have for it at the moment. ;)

I have the canik S120 Tristar import, which is a Turkish clone of the CZ75 and I keep +P+ Hollowpoints in my grab mag for it. And it is rumored that there may or may not be a Tristar Setter Turkish O/U in layaway for Christmas. Far as I know, they're the exact same gun as the Mossberg silver reserve 2, and are imported from Turkey though most people don't know that.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners sir.

dieselmudder, I used the 1913 (picatinny) insert. Fit like it was made for it.

Straight out of the box before I even touched the sights.

14 rounds, 7 yards/21 feet

In all fairness, this was done from a makeshift rest from an old piece of couch cushion foam to get a fair assessment of the group placement so I could adjust the sights and after getting it dialed in precisely, ringing the 6 inch gong from 20 yards was a non-issue and effortless.

It's a keeper.

sar k2 group 007.JPG

Nice score John !!

.45 ACP is my GOTO caliber everyday.

( ...and it is silly to hafta shoot something more than once...!! ) :rolleyes:

Thank you @SHOOTER13 . I'm very pleased with the gun so far.

After zeroing the sights yesterday evening, I was able to drill and add a fiber optic rod to the front sight. I also used some glow on paint around it for contrast in the dark.

Pics aren't the greatest, but I think you get the jist

Here is the mill work from the side of the front post to allow light to hit the fiber optic rod

sar%20k2%20sights%20002_zpsfytsq9rg.jpg

shooters perspective in light

sar%20k2%20sights%20004_zpsi7qdvoga.jpg

Total darkness with the sights charged
sar%20k2%20sights%20006_zpscujno7mk.jpg

twith the tlr-1 fired up
sar%20k2%20sights%20007_zpshpekqxmk.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Shooter. I'm really enjoying it.

I have contacted a guy to make some followers for my Para14 mags to change them over to bolt hold open followers. That way all my mags function appropriately in the gun because I'm not going to pay $30-$44 for a factory mag from EAA.

You are correct Liberty. I did read in the owners manual that it wasn't rated for +p, but I don't usually keep much of it around anyway. Maybe only enough to test to make sure they'll cycle OK and then to keep the top few rounds of my HD mag topped off.

+p and +P+ ammo is too costly to feed a gun a steady diet of them anyway. But any gun worth it's salt should handle a warm round every now and then. Just that I should expect stuff to wear faster as a result.

With that said, I don't think many people would want to tangle with a low powered 45 and 230's are all I have for it at the moment. ;)

I have the canik S120 Tristar import, which is a Turkish clone of the CZ75 and I keep +P+ Hollowpoints in my grab mag for it. And it is rumored that there may or may not be a Tristar Setter Turkish O/U in layaway for Christmas. Far as I know, they're the exact same gun as the Mossberg silver reserve 2, and are imported from Turkey though most people don't know that.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners sir.

dieselmudder, I used the 1913 (picatinny) insert. Fit like it was made for it.
PLEASE elaborate on the Shottie that is a Turkish clone of a Mossberg O/U.

Give me liberty or give me death!

I wouldn't actually call it a clone.

To me, a clone is a gun that several manufacturers make copies of.

The 1911, AR15, CZ75, etc.

But in this case, Mossberg imported them from Arthemis , which is a Turkish shotgun manufacturer.

Tristar Arms now imports the model they call the Sporter from the same manufacturer.

http://www.arthemisshotguns.com/?lang=en

From what I can tell, they're essentially the same gun with a different importer/model name.

In all fairness, the engraving pattern on the wood is different, but that's the biggest difference I can see.

By all practical purposes, they're essentially the same gun.

Attachments

• Khan Setter Imported by Mossberg.JPG
    Khan Setter Imported by Mossberg.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
No, I'm not shooting cue balls out of it.

Just 230 gr bullets.

Or did you mean 1/2 an ounce?

I think 1/2 and ounce.

I know you're wore out from working. I gotcha buddy and was just ribbing you.

But you are correct, that's basically a half a shotgun slug going downrange every time the trigger pulls.

Oh, I gotcha.

230gr x 14 rounds = 3220 gr
7000 gr per pound

Yep, that would be about a half pound of pain per mag looking at it like that.

I was thinking 437.5 gr = 1 ounce and the bullet was 230 gr, so...

But I really suck at math.

With one in the pipe, yes.

One of the big concerns I hear concerning these (and other imported) weapons is long term parts availability.

I called EAA and was able to purchase some spare parts that I consider normal wear parts for the gun to keep it going for an extended period because I think that it is going to be one of my main grabs for the long haul. Even if EAA or Sarsilmaz stopped importation or some other reason causing parts availability issues.

Firing pin, extractor, various springs, etc

So, with the company willing to sell some parts outright, they also have that going for them.

Back