• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scalia expects gun control will end up in the Supreme Court

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
The legal battle that will define this Court in the history books has begun. No matter which way it goes, it will change this country.

Conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, decrying America's demonization of guns, is predicting that the parade of new gun control laws, cheered on by President Obama, will hit the Supreme Court soon, possibly settling for ever the types of weapons that can be owned.

Scalia, whose legacy decision in the 2008 case of District of Columbia vs. Heller ended the ban on handguns in Washington, D.C., suggested that the Constitution allows limits on what Americans can own, but the only example he offered was a shoulder-launched rocket that would bring down jets.

And the wily judge suggested to an audience of Smithsonian Associates at George Washington University's Lisner Auditorium Tuesday night that he is not just preparing for a new gun control challenge, but that he's softening up one of his liberal colleague on guns.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/ ... J520130219

Re: Scalia expects gun control will end up in the Supreme Co

GunnyGene said:
The legal battle that will define this Court in the history books has begun. No matter which way it goes, it will change this country.

Conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, decrying America's demonization of guns, is predicting that the parade of new gun control laws, cheered on by President Obama, will hit the Supreme Court soon, possibly settling for ever the types of weapons that can be owned.

Scalia, whose legacy decision in the 2008 case of District of Columbia vs. Heller ended the ban on handguns in Washington, D.C., suggested that the Constitution allows limits on what Americans can own, but the only example he offered was a shoulder-launched rocket that would bring down jets.

And the wily judge suggested to an audience of Smithsonian Associates at George Washington University's Lisner Auditorium Tuesday night that he is not just preparing for a new gun control challenge, but that he's softening up one of his liberal colleague on guns.

At least we have someone in the Supreme Court who's on our side, and I'm sorry I'm not up on my Justices... but he's in the minority correct?

aksavanaman said:
GunnyGene said:

At least we have someone in the Supreme Court who's on our side, and I'm sorry I'm not up on my Justices... but he's in the minority correct?

Depends on how you count 'em. Any of the justices can be in the minority on any given case. The general consensus is that the political leaning split is 5 conservatives and 4 libs generally speaking. But keep in mind that they are not locked in to that. There have been many surprises for both libs and conservatives over the years.

4 Conservatives, 4 Liberals, 1 swing. But you can not count on their political siding to figure out who will vote which way. Yeah, it will come down to the SCOTUS and God help us if it goes the wrong way for us.

I do not have that much confidence in that swing vote.

I'm still not entirely convinced that our government still runs on checks and balances (Ya think :roll:)

Is it just me or when Justice Scalia talks about taking Justice Kagen duck hunting does anyone else get the image in their head of the two Justices sitting in a reeded up john boat, in their robes, calls hanging from their necks and shotguns planted on their shoulders?

:) :) :) :) :)

Tim4k5 said:
Is it just me or when Justice Scalia talks about taking Justice Kagen duck hunting does anyone else get the image in their head of the two Justices sitting in a reeded up john boat, in their robes, calls hanging from their necks and shotguns planted on their shoulders?

:) :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• duck20tvf-2-web.jpg
    duck20tvf-2-web.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 38

Yeah Mossy.......Bout like that but in their black Justices robes instead of camo, lol

Back