• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Seriously, this is the last one

That is really, really a nice rifle Oli. Should tame the 308 enough...might even make it pleasant to shoot. That’s a good all around grocery getter and a scare the crap out of em from a safe distance kinda platform...:sniper:
thanks my friend !!

Very nice! I put together an AR-10 two years ago and it is very enjoyable to shoot. It makes me laugh when I hear the anti gun retreads saying the 5.56 is to powerful.

oli~

That looks like an amazing rifle.

I know you are real proud of it. I would be.

Tell us how it shoots.
THANK YOU ! I love it . I got a couple inch groups today . Norma 168gr and some old Speer 165 spitzers I found in my grandpas stuff over 41 gr of imr4895.....the slowest load of the day at 2450's......I was seeing 2650 from the Norma and got some real impressive numbers with CFE 223 and Tac......just getting my feet wet .

Did you ever find a good load for the black tips?, I have a few of those around in 30-06 cases still

The parts ....changed the trigger today.

BCM Mod0 SOCOM buttstock
Armalite 6 position carbine buffer tube/buffer/spring/plate/nut kit
Aero M5 reciever set
Aero M5 LPK -fire control group
Geissele SD-E two stage trigger
B5 Grip 23
SI 308 charging handle
Toolcraft NiB BCG
15" Centurion Arms Gen2 7.62 CMR MloK
16" Ballistic Advantage 308Win Hanson profile barrel
LMT 7.62 3 prong flash hider
American Defense Scout extended mount
Primary Arms ACSS 1-8

I've been using 3 prong hiders fairly often lately.

I have one on my Fal, and another on my SKS bullpup. And another on my 20" AR15 retro.ish

I am 100% green with envy. I should really get a .308 precision rifle.

I'm only dinking around with .30-30's because of nostalgia & .223's because of availability.

I almost got sidetracked into .300 Blackout, but not for now. . . .

I think I'm going to dump the .223 AR's, keep the .223 Savage varminter, and invest in a serious .308.

I have just about all the parts to put mine together. I went with a different barrel option and now need a different gas tube/block.

Also still debating on optics.

I have just about all the parts to put mine together. I went with a different barrel option and now need a different gas tube/block.

Also still debating on optics.
Wat choo talkin’ bout Mr. D??? o_O

Thought you just finished one??? Ummm could it have been like just a lil’ 450 Bushmaster or sumpin like that??? Now you’re doing another one? You’re killin’ me Smalls.....

Last edited:
THANK YOU ! I love it . I got a couple inch groups today . Norma 168gr and some old Speer 165 spitzers I found in my grandpas stuff over 41 gr of imr4895.....the slowest load of the day at 2450's......I was seeing 2650 from the Norma and got some real impressive numbers with CFE 223 and Tac......just getting my feet wet .

Did you ever find a good load for the black tips?, I have a few of those around in 30-06 cases still
How was the recoil on it Oli?

Wat choo talkin’ bout Mr. D??? o_O

Thought you just finished one??? Ummm could it have been a like just a lil’ 450 Bushmaster or sumpin like that??? Now you’re doing another one? You’re killin’ me Smalls.....

I can no longer remember a time when I wasn't in the middle of a build. It's an addiction.

oli~

I had so few of the black tips (thank you again) that I just loaded commercial brass with the MAX weight of IMR4895 from the 7.62x51 military rifle data.

Did I tell you guys how this happened?.....I didn't plan on building myself a 308 probably ever .

Back