• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave variant?

lightsped

.22LR
I just bought a Shockwave. Haven't fired it yet. Noticed that some Shockwave forend straps say "Mossberg" on them, and some of the straps are all black.

Why the difference? I realize it is a pointless difference. Just curious about the variant...

I believe that the earlier ones have the plain black strap and the newer ones have the "Mossberg" strap. You can call Mossberg to see if you can get one.

I believe that the earlier ones have the plain black strap and the newer ones have the "Mossberg" strap. You can call Mossberg to see if you can get one.

Agreed. The other difference on the earlier retail untils is the lack of sling stud in the butt of the grip.

I'm kinda glad both of mine had plain black straps and no sling studs. I installed a magpul QD cup in the grip and prefer it to the classic stud, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess it is a newer variant. My Shockwave strap says "Mossberg" on it. I have a three year old 590A1 SBS (51686), and its strap is all black.

Ahhhh......variety is the spice of life....except for redheads, they always scared me. :hrc:

Back