• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Videos

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Ran across a couple of Shockwave videos on YouTube today which thought others might find interesting. First is deer hunting with a Shockwave and the second is shooting skeet.

Assume there is no proabition about posting links to YouTube.

Regards.

Low recoil loads will kill just as well as full power loads when the shot placement is correct. Been saying that much for years. You're only talking maybe 250 feet per second less between the two. If you can't kill it with 1250 fps low recoil loads, using full power loads traveling 1430 feet per second isn't going to gain you much of anything.

I watched the 2nd video (haven't had time to watch both yet) and if the guy is worried about useful range, if he's allowed, maybe he should try some slugs through that gun. He's obviously not having a problem with double ought. Slugs will get him much farther useful range from the self imposed 25 yard distance that most of his buckshot stays inside an 8 inch circle.

Not to hijack the thread, but here is a photo of a deer that my friend Mike got a couple years ago using some low recoil slugs that we loaded from 1 oz wheel weight Lee slugs.

Yes, that was a complete pass through. Not side to side, but from back to front.

N5aNG78.jpg

Like I said, if you can't kill it with low recoil loads, using high brass loads isn't going to help you much.

Wow to quote Deadpool "right up main street"
I've been saying the same thing as you about velocity for years now. In my experiences the only benefit of velocity at these speeds and above is strictly in bullet drop and not lethality.

Back