• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shorter stock

Can you help me...
Being 5'8" I'm looking to see which oem stock would fit on my 590a1.
I want one a little shorter than standard 14". Maybe a part number
No pistol grip or wood please synthetic black.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havlin Sales might be able to help you out. Email them if you don't see what you need on their website.

I have one like you seek--I think it is 12" LOP. Give me a day or so and I'll update with some pics. PM me your zipcode and I'll work up a price for you.

I run the Hogue 12" LOP stock on three of my pumps...

These are the only stocks I use on my pump guns. Just one word of advice when you switch over though, be mindful of your trigger hand thumb when you fire with the new stock for the first time. If your thumb is wrapped over and around the stock like you normally would there is a pretty good chance you'll catch a knuckle in the cheek bone during recoil. It does not feel good at all. I have trained myself to align my thumb along the top of the receiver next to the safety to spare myself the black eyes...

I run the Hogue 12" LOP stock on three of my pumps...

These are the only stocks I use on my pump guns. Just one word of advice when you switch over though, be mindful of your trigger hand thumb when you fire with the new stock for the first time. If your thumb is wrapped over and around the stock like you normally would there is a pretty good chance you'll catch a knuckle in the cheek bone during recoil. It does not feel good at all. I have trained myself to align my thumb along the top of the receiver next to the safety to spare myself the black eyes...
Nice... All signs point to the hogue lop I like the simple look of them

Here are pics (flash and non flash) of the stock compared to a "normal" size SpeedFeed stock. It looks to be a little over an inch shorter than the SF stock. So my guess would be 13" LOP vs 14" LOP. It does not appear to be "cut down" and if it was, the work is not noticeable.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Attachments

• stock1.jpg
    stock1.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 21
  • stock2.jpg
    stock2.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 21
I also have one of the Houge overmolded 12" LOP stocks. Takes some getting used to but it's a great product.

I have tried the Hogue 12" LOP stock and just could get used to it, got the standard and it's to long now, I have a real strange LOP, it's around 13-13 1/4" LOP. I have thought about cutting down the Hogue but don't want to mess it up.

What a number of folks have done when the Hogue 12" LOP is too short is simply to add a slip on limb saver, adding back in about an inch.

I too use Hogue stocks, both the 12" and their standard which is 14" and still shorter than the OFM which if I recall is about 14-3/4".

Back