• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Bead Sights

Itsricmo said:
Has anyone tried the Hi-Viz snap on sight? It looks like an alternative to completely replacing the bead sight. Would leave the brass bead there in case something happened to the Hi-viz

Actually, most of the snap ons utilize the front bead to help keep them in place.
I have snap ons on a couple of my shotguns.
On one of them I removed the front bead and replaced it with a small screw.
This allowed me to tighten the screw, catching a small piece of the snap on sight mount.
More of a permanent sight now, which I like.

RetMcy4 said:
oli700- is that O-ring rubber? any problems from the heat of barrel if it is? Thanks for pictures and ideas!
yep, here is the final version. Heat wont bother it

IMG_0997.jpg

On a side note this sight is dim, the Meprolight tritium's on my CZ look like they are running off of batteries compared to this shotgun bead.....

oli700 said:
RetMcy4 said:
oli700- is that O-ring rubber? any problems from the heat of barrel if it is? Thanks for pictures and ideas!
yep, here is the final version. Heat wont bother it

IMG_0997.jpg

On a side note this sight is dim, the Meprolight tritium's on my CZ look like they are running off of batteries compared to this shotgun bead.....

Thanks! I am going to do your installation method.

I forget the # of the O-ring but it was the very smallest one in one of those big kits you can get that contains a bunch of sizes......I keep wanting to say #60 but not for sure

It's Ritmo said:
How much did that O-ring affect your groups? Such as moving up or down, or is it irrelevant? :p

Irrelevant in my book.
Its a shotgun not a precision tack driving rifle.
Just My Humble Opinion.

haha well put, sir!

I shoot a lot of slugs so I guess maybe it would only affect me the most.
Just for clarification, the raised front bead would print lower groups correct?

You might have to change your sight picture.
Instead of a 6 O'clock hold point, you may have to hold directly over the target.
Experimentation with a few shots would put you on the right track.

Itsricmo said:
Just for clarification, the raised front bead would print lower groups correct?

Correct. But under most situations I agree with LTB45

Itsricmo said:
How much did that O-ring affect your groups? Such as moving up or down, or is it irrelevant? :p

oli700 said:
Here is the Meprolight I put on my 500. The sight doesn’t line up right when tight so I used I tiny o ring under it , squared it up and locktighted it for now…..seems solid. I like it a lot, the hold is not 6 o’clock but POI, which I am totally used to now from shooting my CZ and that’s how I had the micro reflex set up as well. Every bit as accurate and quick as the micro reflex I had on there.

oli700 said:
I forget the # of the O-ring but it was the very smallest one in one of those big kits you can get that contains a bunch of sizes......I keep wanting to say #60 but not for sure

Thanks!

Back