• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Scabbards

I'm looking into buying a Condor Tactical shotgun scabbard (29") for my Cruiser. It has a chest or shoulder strap and a security strap the goes over the pistol grip. Anyone have anything similar or know what to buy or not to buy? Thanks

Re: Shotgun scabbards, have one?

I have that exact model from Condor.

Great scabbard. It's a snug fit, so I have to remove my foregrip for transport, but overall I've been very happy with it.

I have a VooDoo Tactical scabbard. Its pretty decent, but hated the strap. From the looks of it, the Condor seems like the better of the two.

My shotgun scabbard...bought from Sportmans Guide for around $20.00...works well with my Molle vest.

SHOTGUNSCABBARD.jpg

SHOOTER13 said:
My shotgun scabbard...bought from Sportmans Guide for around $20.00...works well with my Molle vest.

SHOTGUNSCABBARD.jpg

That looks like the VooDoo Tactical! Which I like, the gun is an excellent fit. Just never cared for the strap... I have it on my pack now.

Yup...VOODOO Tactical...

Here are pics of the two vests I also bought from SG, both are VOODOO...first one is a entry assault vest (tactical toolbox) and second is an armor carrier that holds plates front and back.

VOODOOENTRYVEST.jpg

TACVEST.jpg

The plates are rated NIJ 0101.04 & 05 Standard III-A which stops the overwhelming majority of pistol projectiles you are ever likely to encounter (plus 12 gauge OO buckshot)

Anyone have a scabbard and a shotgun with the ghost ring sights? Just wondering if they will work for my 590A1 with GRS?

sumoj275 said:
Anyone have a scabbard and a shotgun with the ghost ring sights? Just wondering if they will work for my 590A1 with GRS?

Sorry it took so long to answer, but I have the Condor scabbard and my 590a1 with GRS (51663) fits like a charm...

... I do have to remove the foregip though ...

Always wanted to pick one up. Plan to here in the near future. Double check Sportsmans Guide before you spend the money for Voodoo or similar "name brands." I ordered a SG 42" gun bag, and it is very similar to models that cost 2-3 times as much. Very happy with it, nice and sturdy, and it holds all my gear when I go to the range.

Will

Shotgun scabbards, have one?

I picked up a voodoo piece from opsgear when it was their deal of the week ($19) for my car.

Nice fit, nicely padded. My only gripe is the lack of a retention strap at the opening.

Here it is rigged to my seat back with my 14" bbl Benelli supernova tactical

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328415887.196585.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328415887.196585.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,103

SHOOTER13 said:
Looks good...!

Yup, I agree! I like it alot! Until you mentioned it being an SBS, I had wondered how you swing it out of the scabbard, that there couldnt possibly be enough clearance, but now I know! ;)

Shotgun scabbards, have one?

Indeed ;)

I'm thinking about moving it to my passenger seat for less awkward retrieval

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life.. but does anyone that owns a shotty with breacher tip use either the sportsmansguide or voodoo scabbard? I was just wondering if you've experienced any issues with the breaching tip ripping in to the fabric inside of the sheath.

Thanks!

Yup,

I've got a Condor scabbard (exactly like the Voodoo) and my 590 and 930 both have the breacher barrel. It does take an extra bit of care putting the shotgun in the scabbard without shredding the lining...

My VooDoo came in yesterday....I was expecting something with a bit more space. Hard to fit the 500 in it with a side saddle. It "fits", but nothing I could just do a quick whip out with.

Yeah, they're not made with too many accessories in mind. That's the main reason I converted the strap on mine to a shell holder...

shotty scabbard

hi all,

nice site you've got here. been lurkin' a while and've enjoyed it. question for you if you don't mind...

looking at getting a scabbard. looking at VISM/NCstar and the Roma. seen the Condor but not as keen on that one.

anyone have any experience with either?

anyone suggest a quality one made in the U.S.A. (NCStar and Roma are china-made).

any advice is much appreciated.

Back