• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Scabbards

Stag1, your NcStar is virtually the same as the Condor scabbard I use.

The nylon won't stretch but if you leave your shotgun in it, it'll work out its groove on the inside after a while. Kinda like keepin a baseball in glove to shape it. It should start sliding in and out a bit easier before long...

Here's a pic of my Persuader kit, with my Condor scabbard.

oBhBQ33.jpg

The shell carrier on the scabbard was actually a belt with loops for shells, I re-purposed and attached the shell holding portion with the available MOLLE.

Quick question. Do any of you guys who have these scabbards think one would be wide enough for a 500 with a side saddle on board. Just installed a saddle on mine and it was an afterthought I might not be able to utilize a scabbard now because of that. I've been thinking a scabbard might be something down the pipe worthy of having but need to know now about the saddle issue before purchasing.

Thanks in advance.
J

Wouldn't work with my Condor scabbard.

It's a pretty tight fit even with the bare receiver...

I use the same one made by Condor. You can also replace the carry strap with a shell holder sling...

It carries comfortably and the extra shells are strapped across your chest rather than on your back...

Who likes a scabbard?

I've ordered a voodoo scabbard for my 590A1 51660. Thought they looked neat. I read about snagging sights and other add-ons but figure since my model is bare it would work well. Any thoughts?

^ Merged your thread with this one.

You won't have any issues fitting your 590A1. The only time fit becomes an issue with these scabbards is when you have foregrips, optics, or other add-ons...

Re: shotty scabbard

Rossignol said:
Here's the Eberlestock;

GS05MG%20SS%20hl.jpg

I've seen on Midway they have these in like a realtree or somethin with MOLLE runnin across em.

Only thing is I don't know if these are meant to work as stand alone pieces or intended to be used with a pack.

They have scabbards for scoped firearms too if you're usin optics or anything.

I have the Eberlestock scabbard. It is NOT stand alone. It works great on my pack but I am also looking for a stand alone.

Which now segue's into my question:
I have recently acquired (read, almost stolen, since I paid $125 for a LNIB 500A "cruiser."

Anyway......
It's an 18" barrel 5 shot, with the crap standard issue pistol grip. I ordered the ShockWave bird's head grip today.

I'm looking at the Voodoo, Condor and Roma scabbards. The shorter, Voodoo one looks like it's too short in the image. As in, pretty much the only thing inside the scabbard is the barrel and forend. Looks like the last 3rd of the gun is too exposed for my pref. Mainly because I want the scabbard to be deep enough to leave the grip exposed but NOT the trigger guard.

On the other hand the standard ones look like a short SG would disappear down inside the scabbard.

Basically I am looking for a suggestion on a scabbard that will accommodate the SG I have and the GG&G sidesaddle I'm about to order (I mention that because i saw some folks talking about the side saddle making the fit too tight) and still leave the grip exposed for easy draw, but be deep enough to protect the trigger guard.

Thoughts?

PS- I measured the Eberlestock scabbard which is exactly the length I wan't and it is 26.5" . That said the majority of others are in the 29" length with exception of the Voodoo Breacher scabbard which is 19.5".

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Howdy Pathfinder.

That's my 18.5" 930 in the photo riding in an older adjustable 29"-34" Condor scabbard. At 29" the trigger guard is right under the zipper and fully covered. I don't think you'll have any issues with the length. You can always stuff the muzzle end of the scabbard as necessary so the shotgun will ride higher. My 590 will fit with the ESSTAC side-saddle attached, but these are Velcro and not a rigid frame like most others. Let us know which way you decide to go and don't forget the pics...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Howdy Pathfinder.

That's my 18.5" 930 in the photo riding in an older adjustable 29"-34" Condor scabbard. At 29" the trigger guard is right under the zipper and fully covered. I don't think you'll have any issues with the length. You can always stuff the muzzle end of the scabbard as necessary so the shotgun will ride higher. My 590 will fit with the ESSTAC side-saddle attached, but these are Velcro and not a rigid frame like most others. Let us know which way you decide to go and don't forget the pics...

Excellent. Thank you for the intel.

So my next question becomes..... which?
I have looked at: Condor, Voodoo, Roma, etc. Is there a "best?" If so what sets it apart? I'm less concerned about cost than i am about quality.
I'm inclined to buy 2 of whatever since my 590A1 (my work rig) needs a loving embrace as well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

My only experience is with the Condor model, but from what I've seen the Voodoo is virtually identical. Never heard of Roma though...

I actually saw the Roma suggested in this thread. Followed the link. They do all seem pretty much same same....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

My voodoo just arrived, and shoving my 590A1 51660 20" barrell, stil has half the trigger showing. Is there another scabbard just a little longer?

FMA1972 said:
My voodoo just arrived, and shoving my 590A1 51660 20" barrell, stil has half the trigger showing. Is there another scabbard just a little longer?
Seems there are a couple (Roma, Condor I think and Older Voodoo) that are 34" but have the ability to fold and become 29".

Seems 29" is the "standard."

The Condor in the photo is the older model with the extra flap that extends to 34".

My 20" 590A1 (51663) fits with room to spare and even the 23" 590 American fits with the entire trigger guard covered...

Wish I took one last look at this thread before buying my 29" voodoo tactical. Should have gotten the adjustable length one. Oh well, for as much use it will get, I doubt the slightly exposed trigger will matter too much. Maybe ill get the adjustable one and give this to my dad for his 18.5" persuader.

Back