• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Scabbards

Posted this as a reply in another thread earlier today, but figured it had a place here too. Anyone with a breacher barrel knows getting it down in a scabbard can be a bit problematic...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Here are a couple simple solutions using items found around the house. This one's a cap off a bottle of olive oil. Fits like it was made for it...

...and this one's the cork from a bottle of Patron Silver... :D

These both work like a charm and keep the breacher from shredding the scabbard...

Dude, great idea. I've shredded mine to bits haha. But recently I added a holographic sight, laser and light to my shotgun so there's no more scabbard for me :(
unyju5a4.jpg

I'd love any of y'alls advice on storing my 51663 in my condor scabbard for extended periods of time. I know it's generally not a good idea as the fabric tends to soak up the lube and may trap moisture, but what about on the 590 parkerized finish?

Thoughts?

Two words...

Frog Lube

It's a dry film lube that will protect the weapon and won't soak into the fabric. Or, just don't leave the shotgun in the scabbard when it'll be sitting up for a while...

Do you guys ever put Scotchguard or anything on the fabric to waterproof it?

I guess waterproofing isn't the issue in Badragistan it was in the jungle war years.

Back