• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Custom Calls

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Ok. Here's a turkey pot call I had made for me by Scott from Final Strut Custom Game Calls.

It is a Jumping Cholla Cactus encased in Green alumilite resin body with a slate over a maple sound board.
This is the backside...
vO70q.jpg

Flippin incredible looking!!!
I think this guy did a great job. I can't wait to try to bring in some turks!!

I am sure if you guys want one too, I can hook you up with him.

I'm out!!

That is freaking awesome.

I have no custom calls. :(

I just got my call in the mail today! It sounds great! I can get so many different tones out of it. I am very, very happy with it. Kudos to Scott at Final Strut Game Calls for doing a quality job!

4uXorl.jpg

lOsBsl.jpg

BTkdfl.jpg

QeD2xl.jpg

YUecol.jpg

SrspOl.jpg

2Ma5Xl.jpg

oBPEpl.jpg

He also made a striker for it as well. The two of them are a match made in Turkey heaven.

I've been playin around with it for the last 2 hours....I can't stop!!!

I could not be any happier with it.

Jealous!!!!. That is one beautiful work of art.

Anyone else have a hot lookin pot call or any other kind they wanna show off??

Can someone post a video of you guys using whatever that contraption is? I aint never seen nothin like that before, no turkeys here :( Like is it a lil drum or somethin?

Mr. RipJack, that looks amazing!

I have a pot I got at the flea market for $2 I think it was.

I had been practicin with it quite a bit, but in laws kept showin up whenever I did. Weird coinkydink or somethin to it, I don't know....

I don't know where it is right now cuz we're movin. I'm not very good at it though.

BCGuy said:
Can someone post a video of you guys using whatever that contraption is? I aint never seen nothin like that before, no turkeys here :( Like is it a lil drum or somethin?

It's a turkey pot call, and the drumstick is actually called a striker. Lemme see if I can find some vids on youtube....

c1kxtdSl.jpg

CkQR1xxl.jpg

2lVhcv1l.jpg

I'm having another Cholla cactus call made up!! This time the color of fire. Copper swirls cast in Black Pearl Alumilite. It's going to have a tan ceramic top.... These are just the roughed out shape, called a puck...
Woo!! I can't wait to get it!!

Allrightie fellas, I'm sending out the puck this week to get turned. The guy I was going to have do it had just bought a new house and I wanted to wait till he got all settled before I sent it out...

So...this will be ready for use the next hunting season.

ripjack13 said:
Allrightie fellas, I'm sending out the puck this week to get turned. The guy I was going to have do it had just bought a new house and I wanted to wait till he got all settled before I sent it out...

So...this will be ready for use the next hunting season.

Looking forward to seeing it. That wood grain is amazing.

I cut some wood for the strikers too. Bocote, birds eye maple, african blackwood, and tiger stripe goncalo alves....
He's going to turn 8 of em for me. That way I'll have a choice of which one goes better with it.

wooooo

I finally got my call and strikers! It looks amazing and sounds great! I'll post up pix. Just need some sun!

Allrightie....Finally getting around to it.... :D

h521YYIl.jpg

jwSyzZ4l.jpg

t8toAmWl.jpg

KaT1EdWl.jpg

TU7MM7Ql.jpg

foLjiO3l.jpg

^^ My favorite striker...African Blackwood!

iB1qOmil.jpg

Not bad eh? It sounds awesome too! All the strikers give off different pitches. it's awesome!!!

Very nice indeed.

Close as I ever came to making my own turkey call was with a piece of slate I picked up from an old coal mine and a turtle shell.

Back