• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

Re: Show off your Tactical .22!!!

All of these guns look great, check out 22*gun nation its all about 22's and they would love to see the pics of your hardware. you can even find info about rimfire matches...

Wow these are all amazing. I only have the regular version and it's a great rifle.

I wish they sold this stock for my original 702. I am currently making a SCAR stock for it from some ideas I got from another forum. Hopefully it turns out good.

walmodov said:
I wish they sold this stock for my original 702. I am currently making a SCAR stock for it from some ideas I got from another forum. Hopefully it turns out good.

Take lots of pics of the process and finished product please!

I'd probably pick up another 702 if I can build a SCAR stock for it! Love that platform.

My Mossberg Tactical on the left and my Stag Arms Model 2T AR-15 on the right.

DSCF4333-1.jpg

AR-15-1.jpg

rum66runner said:
l.jpg

crappy little ncstar scope
laser
bipod
ruger "flasher hider"
and flashlight that isn't in the picture
hey got this mossberg,like it alot,got everything for it but i need help on the flash suppresor.how did you put that on?its to big for the mine so how?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum mosstact22guy !!

hey guys would like to know how to put one of those ruger flash hiders on a tactical 22.is there a grip thing you put on or what.......

One of our members has addressed the 10/22 brake in the accessories thread...

JJC said:
EYEMAN said:
Wanting to add a muzzle break to my Mossberg Tactical 22. My question is: Will the break for a Ruger 10/22 fit the barrel of the Mossberg Tactical 22? Is the barrel diameter the same? Thanks for any info!!

The muzzle break does fit but the diameters differ slightly. After a few rounds with the muzzle break moving back on the barrel, I put it back on my 10/22.

Looked cool, but that's about it.

Turns out it looks good, but doesn't fit well...

My buddy loves his Tac .22. Talked him into getting it after the experience I've had with Mossberg, and saved him a couple hundred bucks over the Colt AR style .22( which seemed to jam all the time one the two I have used). He loves it, fun as hell to shoot, and a great little plinker for the money. Added a red dot scope off one of my airguns, and that thing is dialed in.

Will

My rifle, short story, bought it used from a guy on calguns, didn't have the handle rail but did come with 4 magazines, so ordered an ar-15 rail from cabellas, barska 10/22 long flash hider, sightmark 4 reticle red dot sight and cheap front grip/bipod for now. Have a 1 o'clock adapter coming to move the red dot and going to throw a 4x32 on top of the carry handle, a harris bipod way up front and a tapco short grip to replace the cheap grip on there now, and I'm trying to decide on a replacement stock. But here she is for now

zombiekiller.jpg

I absolutely love this gun, everyone says its cheap, made of plastic, a step above a pellet gun, but it gets the job done. About 10 days ago at the indoor range a guy was looking at it and actually tried pulling on the "charging handle" made me laugh a bit, guess it can be pretty convincing when it wants to be. Ordered the tactedge 4x32 tonight, read some decent reviews on it so I'm giving it a shot. Think I might remove the front "iron" sight when I get my new optics setup on the rifle. JJC's rifle definitely looks a lot better with it removed.

drifter2be said:
I absolutely love this gun, everyone says its cheap, made of plastic, a step above a pellet gun, but it gets the job done. About 10 days ago at the indoor range a guy was looking at it and actually tried pulling on the "charging handle" made me laugh a bit, guess it can be pretty convincing when it wants to be. Ordered the tactedge 4x32 tonight, read some decent reviews on it so I'm giving it a shot. Think I might remove the front "iron" sight when I get my new optics setup on the rifle. JJC's rifle definitely looks a lot better with it removed.

Hacking off the front sight is the best mod I've done so far.

Now I'm looking into taking 2" off the barrel, having it threaded, and putting a "reverse" fake can on it. Finished look should mock a suppressed SBR with free float rail. ;)

My biggest problem is figuring out exactly where to cut to make it look right, would you maybe mind taking a shot more from the front of the rifle so I can get a good look at where you actually cut it off at, I don't want to ruin the hand guard by going too far back.

drifter2be said:
My biggest problem is figuring out exactly where to cut to make it look right, would you maybe mind taking a shot more from the front of the rifle so I can get a good look at where you actually cut it off at, I don't want to ruin the hand guard by going too far back.

I'll try to get new pics at some point. I left the rails at full length. I removed the hand guard and screwed it back together. Then I took a hacksaw to it right along the front edge of the rails, removing the "pipe" portion that the sight was molded onto. You lose the front screws, so you'll need some sort of rail accessory to hold it together. I used the iron sight. A sling point would work too.

EDIT: Had the gun out today and noticed that the front screws on the quad rail ARE still intact. You will not lose them when cutting off the front fixed sight, but you will lose the sling mount.

Scope showed up today, and the 45 degree mount came in yesterday. Happy with the setup, the scope gives a decent amount of eye relief to make it comfortable to use standing, sitting or prone, and the reflex sight is easy to see with, eventually I will get a smaller red dot to use, probably the Burris Fastfire, but for now I like the setup, can't wait to go shooting tomorrow and get them both zero'd

2011-11-22124712.jpg

Nice set-up!

If you're lookin for a compact reflex red dot, be sure to check out the Sightmark Mini Shot. It's a high quality, affordable option that would be perfect for that 45° mount...

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2513

Back