• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

Looks great! Never can have to many rails! Now that's a watch dog, mine is curled up by the wood stove :( What bipod are ya using?

toyracer38 said:
Looks great! Never can have to many rails! Now that's a watch dog, mine is curled up by the wood stove :( What bipod are ya using?

hi... yeah smugly i think it looks great too, the dog looks right at home with it too, now if i can only get him to learn to shoot............... :lol:

the bipod like all my other goodies came straight off ebay, direct from hong kong china, so cheap its crazy but it is only cheap price it is built strong and usually the exact same things i have seen in stores here but direct from makers, at less than half price!!, the springs are inside the legs and there is a twist collar to release them and lock then in different heights, much tidier that the ones with great big springs on the outside, nothing to get hung up, these ones also come with a barrel adaptor, so the can fit to the rails, or via the adaptor to a round barrel, so will fit any gun, heres a link for them on ebay, i think i paid 12 bucks delivered, but this one is on for 4 bucks!!!! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Universal-Bipod- ... 460199feb2 anyway the only thing i have found with the bi pod is that one of the legs can fold if pushed on not when released by the catch, i will have a look, cos it feels like the catch isnt locking right in, like the other side, but it is such a minor thing i havent even bothered! i dont used the bipod for shooting as i am not laying down in the snow n mud, might do in summer, but for now it is handy to keep th gun up n out of the muck when not hanging from its sling,

So that mine would look different from my Bushmaster, I've decided to keep the foregrip long. I just changed mine to a EMOD style stock, a Barska 10-22 Muzzle Brake Short, a foldable front foregrip, a Bushnell red dot, and some UTG accessory rail covers .

Attachments

• DSC071712.jpg
    DSC071712.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,761
decimusmaximus7 said:
So that mine would look different from my Bushmaster, I've decided to keep the foregrip long. I just changed mine to a EMOD style stock, a Barska 10-22 Muzzle Brake Short, a foldable front foregrip, a Bushnell red dot, and some UTG accessory rail covers .

looks good i like those rail covers, but i think for me, i prefer the short forend with the collapsable stock, i did toy with the idea of getting an a2 stock and foregrip and making a barrel extension to make it look like a regular "long" A2, or making a loosely based c7 clone out of it, but i keep coming back to the M4 look, but i am looking into making a british sa80 (l85a1) lookalike using an airsoft gun for the shell, and doing exact;y what moss have done with this one, and slapping a standard 702 insde the sa80, so will post pics of that when i get it done, but may be a while yet gotta get the donor guns first,

Well got my 25 rounders from Bassproshops today. :D Thought I'd throw a few more in for the pic. Tac22, Winchester Model 70, Moss 500 and Johnson 1941.
Gs.jpg

Thanks L.E.S., but I've seen some of your pics and man you got the kewl stuff! I've been reading up on 3 gun comps in my area and it's got me thinking about selling the Johnson off to help finance a sweet new AR. I have a good 9mm and the 500 would work, just lacking the right rifle.

Haha, thank you Sir.

As far as the AR goes, you could always build your own. It really is pretty simple, and the coolest part is that you can finince your build one part at a time...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, thank you Sir.

As far as the AR goes, you could always build your own. It really is pretty simple, and the coolest part is that you can finince your build one part at a time...

You Sir, have peaked my interest! It's really not a money thing. I inherited the Johnson from my father, and I'm really not a collector. All my firearms serve a purpose. They are like tools for me, and I know the Johnson has collector value. But building an AR seems a little daunting. I have no idea what are good uppers and lowers. I'll do some web surfing and who knows, maybe that would be a better route to go.

I know building may seem daunting, but I assure you it's a piece of cake. There is a ton of great info out there on the web, but you can start right here on our site in our very own build threads. There's a ton of great info contributed by our members...

The Workbench: Builds and Modifications

I've done a ton of research and a little building myself, so feel free to ask if you have any questions...

Thanks L.E.S., I will go through that thread and pm you if I have any questions. Gotta say this forum ROCKS! Alot of great people on here willing to help us noobs! :D

I love the .22 so much. I need to get one. I have been saying I will and never get around to it. I love all the configurations here!!!!

ninjapilot said:
I love the .22 so much. I need to get one. I have been saying I will and never get around to it. I love all the configurations here!!!!

yes .22's are great guns, in my view they are often looked down on by large caliber users as a kids gun, or just a vermin gun, but in the right hands they are very useful and accurate and can fill a number of roles that large caliber guns would make difficult dure to their range and power, plus the ammo is cheap and they can be lighter than others, so great for ladies and kids too, but most of all they are just a great all rounder, and lets not forget before the "got no power to em" monkeys get talking, the weapon of choice for assassins was usually a .22 rifle or the silenced pistol, now thats impressive hehehehe,

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Re: Mossberg tactical 22 makeover,

very nice .22... just got one just like that and looking for any stock or fore end or (cheap) optic ideas please help thanks.. :?: :idea: :| :mrgreen:

Back