• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

mossberg tactical 22 ideas and photos

umm all im looking for is tactical ideas for my mossberg tactical 22 \w handle so please post what ever you have. all ive done to mine is put a tasco red dot on the handles rail. let the posting begin...

Re: mossberg tactical 22 ideas and photos

h3r3s mine

Attachments

• IMG0013.jpg
    IMG0013.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,457
  • IMG0014.jpg
    IMG0014.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,454
  • IMG0015.jpg
    IMG0015.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,454
bcREMIX said:
hey great guns all of you. but how do you get the retractable part off the stock to put a new one on.

Hi there instead of squeezing the lever like you were adjusting the length, pull it down as it will move furher this allows the pin to clear the stock holes, then just slide it off whilst holding it out, as for tac type suggestions, theres loads you can do, its purely a matter of personal taste, but there are loads of pics on here so you can see what you like the look of before you even buy the stuff, hope this helps, cheers,

Picked up mine a few days ago.... nice .22, however the plastic hand guard really felt too..... plastic? Maybe weapons grade polymer sounds better. Thankfully Mossberg didn't mold the hand Guard to the body of the gun. So almost out of the box an aluminum hand guard had to be machined for mine. Changed out the plastic for my aluminum hand guard, which still needs a little more work and I'm still waiting for my new rails in the mail. Add a scope, laser, and bipod. Now it feels a lot less like a toy and more like a firearm. Happy Plinking everyone!

Attachments

• mossy1.jpg
    mossy1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,303
  • mossy3.jpg
    mossy3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,304
  • mossy4.jpg
    mossy4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,302
I'm finally happy with my Mossy. Hacked off the carry handle & 3" from both the barrel & handguard to make it Carbine length.

Attachments

• IMG_20120421_16020801.JPG
    IMG_20120421_16020801.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,573
  • IMG_20120421_16024901.JPG
    IMG_20120421_16024901.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,575
wraith805 said:
I'm finally happy with my Mossy. Hacked off the carry handle & 3" from both the barrel & handguard to make it Carbine length.

that looks really good, how does the gun stand legally with the shortened barrel? because chopping a bit off to get the proportions right did cross my mind, but didnt know if it then made it restricted or some other foolish rule, also was it a hacksaw job or machined to get a nice finish on the crown,

Unless there's something goin on with that configuration that I don't understand I believe he's in possession of a home made SBR.

Has that flash hider been permanently fixed the the new 15" barrel?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Unless there's something goin on with that configuration that I don't understand I believe he's in possession of a home made SBR.

Has that flash hider been permanently fixed the the new 15" barrel?

sorry for my ignorance,....whats an sbr
:?:

It's a US thing. I'm not too sure what exactly it means, other than a rifle with a barrel under a certain length.

bellofello said:
It's a US thing. I'm not too sure what exactly it means, other than a rifle with a barrel under a certain length.
ahh, so could just be short barrel rifle? but is the shortened barrel legal? or does it change it to another class, if not i'm gonna go get m hacksaw!!!! cos the barrel has always been too long for true proportions,

^ Pump the brakes on that one.

If he shortened the barrel to under 16" himself and that muzzle device has not been permanently fixed to the barrel, then he's in possession of an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle). Unless prior SBR registration has been approved by the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) for this rifle, he's in violation of Federal law according to NFA regulations. In the United States, it is a federal felony to possess an SBR without paying a $200 tax to the BATFE. Purchasing a short-barreled rifle is accomplished by filing a BATFE Form 4, Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm, and paying a $200 tax. A short-barreled rifle must be transferred by a Class 3 SOT dealer. When an individual wishes to build a short-barreled rifle, he or she must beforehand submit a completed BATFE Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, along with $200 for payment of the tax stamp.

Long story short, not a good idea...

colonelchimp said:
bellofello said:
ahh, so could just be short barrel rifle? but is the shortened barrel legal? or does it change it to another class, if not i'm gonna go get m hacksaw!!!! cos the barrel has always been too long for true proportions,
18.5" is the shortest you can go before it becomes restricted in Canada

bellofello said:
colonelchimp said:
bellofello said:
18.5" is the shortest you can go before it becomes restricted in Canada

ok so i think i will leave mine alone !!!!!!!!

Relax everyone lol. The current state I reside in 16" is the legal minimum barrel length for rifles. The job was done by a local gunsmith who also braze welded on the AR style flash hider. There-by making the overall Barrel length 16" & 100% legal.

Nice!

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the do's and don'ts on a job like this. Thanks for posting the pic of yours. It's a great lookin rifle...

wraith805 said:
Relax everyone lol. The current state I reside in 16" is the legal minimum barrel length for rifles. The job was done by a local gunsmith who also braze welded on the AR style flash hider. There-by making the overall Barrel length 16" & 100% legal.

some guys get all the luck :D :D :D still think it looks great sooooo jealous :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Mossberg tactical 22 makeover,

bcREMIX said:
very nice .22... just got one just like that and looking for any stock or fore end or (cheap) optic ideas please help thanks.. :?: :idea: :| :mrgreen:
ebay ebay ebay.... thats where all my gadgets and goodies come from, they list everything you could want from airsoft to genuine rifle parts, i order direct from china, it is ssssssooooooo much cheaper that way, and most things arrive in 2 to 4 weeks, everything you see on my rifle came from ebay, hope this helps cheers, Dave

Just added the Magpul ASAP to finish this thing off.

Attachments

• ASAP small.jpg
    ASAP small.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 22 small.jpg
    22 small.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,297
Back