• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

side sadle

I bought a Velcro side sadle six shot. The said industral vecro. It will not stick to side of 590 any ideas on how to get it to stick. I rubbed it down with alcohol before I put it down. Thanks for the help

Did you make sure the alcohol had time to evaporate and dry properly?? The adhesive they use is pretty aggressive so there shouldn't really be any reason for it not to stick. When you touch the adhesive side, does it feel sticky?? Maybe its a REALLY old strip?? They can go bad... but we're talking after years and years of poor storage. Worse case... you can always go out and get more Velcro. They do sell them in small strip sections. Just make sure you mount the fuzzy "loop" side to the receiver. The prickly "hook" side should be on the back of the side saddle itself.

Did the Velcro come with the unit or did you buy it separately?

There are a couple different types of the industrial strength stuff with different adhesive. Some are made to stick to fabric, others to metal, etc. Either way, the adhesive has to cure for about 24 hours before you'll get a good hold on the receiver...

Back