• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"Sliders" hitting motorists...

Small time.

A Maryland woman pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges related to setting up at least 15 false businesses in six states that received government contracts despite often being registered to people who did not exist.

The businesses subcontracted all the work to other companies, then took the federal dollars without paying the companies doing the work.

Larayne Whitehead, 34, of Clinton, Md., agreed to forfeit $2.4 million in illegal proceeds and a silver Audi.

"The conspirators typically operated under a particular business name for a period of six to 12 months until the business was either disqualified from the FedBid marketplace or was otherwise burdened with lawsuits or liens," the plea bargain said.

"The conspirators initially used their true names and addresses to register their businesses, but later attempted to conceal their true identities by using aliases to register the businesses and by renting commercial mail box store fronts."

More: http://washingtonexaminer.com/feds-give ... le/2534017

Maybe, Gunny, but how long will it take you to get your credit cards, IDs, phone, computer, etc. back in order? Sucks to pull in to get gas and have your life flipped upside down. And it is getting more prevalent. From the videos it looks like it extends across racial lines. Wonder what the racial spin doctors will say when one of these "sliders" gets capped in a gas station.

OhioArcher said:
Maybe, Gunny, but how long will it take you to get your credit cards, IDs, phone, computer, etc. back in order? Sucks to pull in to get gas and have your life flipped upside down. And it is getting more prevalent. From the videos it looks like it extends across racial lines. Wonder what the racial spin doctors will say when one of these "sliders" gets capped in a gas station.

True. There is that part of it. Seems to be crooks everywhere you look these days. :x

There has been criminals since very early in human history, and there will continue to be criminals after you and I are gone.

And criminals really come out more when the economy is bad.

Just FWIW, the shell gas station in Corbin, KY isn't far from where I live.

Hmmm...the Mossberg Slider...coming to a convenience store near you...

If one of these rogues try that to me they may find themselves looking at the business end of a 12 ga Stevens...or I could just lock my doors...

This happens here in the 'Lou and is on the rise. 10 years in Baltimore and NYC got me in the 100% lock it mentality. Did I mention that my wife is from Detroit?!

I've seen 3 recent cases at local 7-11 stores where people have been hit - I was never a witness but they were waiting for police with a vague description of a car (no plate) and possible suspects - not much hope that the case would go anywhere.

I see someone trying the door handle of my locked car - we're going to have an interesting conversation - even if it's to the back of his slinky punk arse head!!

My car is always locked whenever I get out to pump gas or shop. Nothing in my car to steal anyway and my gun goes into the vault under the seat.

Re: "Sliders" hitting motorists...

Wrenches said:
My car is always locked whenever I get out to pump gas or shop. Nothing in my car to steal anyway and my gun goes into the vault under the seat.

In my area pumping gas is one place you want to be armed. :grin:

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Re:

MikeD said:
Wrenches said:

In my area pumping gas is one place you want to be armed. :grin:

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Not bad near home but where I work it is highly advisable.

Back