• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling & Attachment suggestions PLEASE.

Joe Smith

Copper BB
Hi all!

I have a 930 SPX w/pistol grip that's currently out for choke tube thread cutting and would like to carry the strap on either shoulder via a wide comfortable sling that would point the gun forward at waist level while walking so the sight is on top, not to the side during carry. I also need the sling to be able to be shortened so as to carry higher up accross the chest but have enough 'slack' so as to be easily put on the shoulder..

This is because the trails I walk on my property offer up quick targets at times in the form of coyotes, nutria, skunk, pig, snakes and perhaps a pissed off bear that won't back down.

I have the Aimpro tri-rail forend on the way and wish to use that as the front attachment point. I will also be installing a front vertical grip on this rail. I suspect the aft attachment point to be near the recoil pad(?) and don't want it hitting my cheek.

So, any / all suggestions are welcome!!!!

Best regards,

Joe

Both the VTAC wide sling and the VCAS sling get high marks for comfort and adjustability from what I've read. I picked up the VTAC, but have not used it yet. From what I understand they both do the same thing, just in different ways. Also be aware that the VTAC 5.11 version is licensed by 5.11 and made in China. If you buy it from VTAC, it is American made. BTW, just as you need a good sling, you need to check out the St. Patrick's photo contest and vote if you have not.

kodiak,

With your reccomendation, I just purchased from Viking Tactics all I needed to fill my requirements..I hope.

Thanks for the info !

Best,

Joe

Back