• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling Suggestions for my 590A1 Setup

Check out the attached photo to see the setup on my 590A1. I'm planning to take it hog hunting and will be doing lots of walking with it. This thing is heavy when it's fully loaded so I'd like to get a comfortable sling for it. I have the quick-detach mount on my ATI stock and the regular sling lug in the front. I figure a single point sling wouldn't be that comfortable for lots of hiking. Do y'all have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    686 KB · Views: 30
Hi.

If you want it slung but still ready to shoot, then you need a cross chest configuration. Using the sling swivel studs on the underside (or even on the sides) would not be the way to go. Those are for marching with a shouldered weapon kept vertical and behind you.

Cross chest needs to have the sling attachment points front and rear to be ON TOP. That way, when across you, the shotgun hangs trigger down and ready to be brought to bear.

I hunt birds mostly.
Lots of walking.
Trails to the Duck blind and miles of walking for pheasant.

I use a Single point sling on my 500 and find it comfortable as well as very easy for quick access.

If you are running a conventional shoulder stock like I do this is what I have been using.

http://blackhawk.com/products/long-...sories/tactical-slings/universal-swift-sling/

https://www.copsplus.com/blackhawk-universal-swift-3-point-sling

It needs no special attachment points on either the front or rear.

Thanks for the reply! I actually did some more digging online today and ended up making a couple orders. I ordered a Magpul Forward Sling Mount (MAG493) to add a quick-disconnect on the front of the gun, and I ordered that 2-Point sling from ATI that I posted a link to above. I got both for a little over $60. I'll be sure to post an update once I get everything on there and try it out. Thanks again for the input y'all!

Back