• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling swivel set for 590A1 Mariner

That will work with the wood stock. Make sure you drill a pilot hole.

That 590 looks great in wood.

Thanks, I'm assuming the stud will be 3/4" length and maybe 3/16-1/4" diameter? My plan is to remove the stock and wrap it in a towel and mark the hole then drill on a drill press at our shop

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

Gronk,

That will work, that is what I did for my Retro-Tactical A1 butt stock. Though the forend mount was easier for me as I use a magazine extension. What will you do for the forend?

You may have to find a mount for the barrel lug, similar to what they did for the 835 Ulti-Mag.

small6.JPG

BTW, Great job on that Broomstick. Always loved how SS/Nickel when complemented with wood. Bad ASS!!!

Cheers.

MOE

Gronk,

That will work, that is what I did for my Retro-Tactical A1 butt stock. Though the forend mount was easier for me as I use a magazine extension. What will you do for the forend?

You may have to find a mount for the barrel lug, similar to what they did for the 835 Ulti-Mag.

View attachment 6568

BTW, Great job on that Broomstick. Always loved how SS/Nickel when complemented with wood. Bad ASS!!!

Cheers.

MOE

My mag cap has the swivel mount built in so ready to go just need the stud for the stock.

Yea picked up the 15 round Blackhawk sling; I realize it's not really practical with the added weight but can use it as a belt/ bandelero when shooting.

Easy enough! Finished project.....

ac3133f54dbdcabdcf57abf8b4c3a91f.jpg
43d72ff095ac0a54c73fab6022a56825.jpg
f6454eac05eb4f9e09d9d14849e1d284.jpg

My helper!
6fea3dd33b39e633d7376fd643fad9cc.jpg

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork

Just realized what you meant by "retro-tactical". Very nice craftsmanship on the stocks Moe!

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork

That is a beauty for sure!
When you get right down to it -- nothing beats beautiful wood. I don't care if you are talking sailboats, powerboats, knives, or long guns. Some of my favorite woods are Honduran mahogany, walnut, rosewood, and cherry.

Last edited:
Back