• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

I think that the Model 13 .357 Magnum would make a great Backpacking/Wilderness and just "General Service" for outdoors revolver, but that is just my opinion. Just wish they were easier and cheaper to find LOL. I love my three K-Frames, just sometimes wish mine were capable of firing the .357 Magnum and not just .38 Special.
Mark

Here is my newest. My PD re-upped with S&W for a department contract with the M&P so I bought myself an off duty carry. So far I have to say it has performed every bit as flawless as my department sidearm which is the full size 45.
20150217_130822_zpsunmqvd3p_edit_1424196685737_zpsticp0m96.jpg

Here is my newest. My PD re-upped with S&W for a department contract with the M&P so I bought myself an off duty carry. So far I have to say it has performed every bit as flawless as my department sidearm which is the full size 45.
20150217_130822_zpsunmqvd3p_edit_1424196685737_zpsticp0m96.jpg

Damn nice off-duty pistol there, brother.

Someone on your department purchasing board did well by going with the M&P. Fine sidearms.

Yes sir...

TT= Target Trigger
TH= Target Hammer
RR= Red Ramp (front sight)
WO= White Outline (rear sight)

I know I have mentioned before that my Grandmother carried a 32 Smith & Wesson in her purse everywhere she went.

Well, while having a big dinner with my family for Easter, afterwards my Mom asked me to check it. The cylinder release was sticky (sticking) and the hammer also felt gummy.

Before my Grandmother past (15 years ago this year) she had oiled it with something (I really have no clue what) and probably 3 or 4 years ago, I had oiled it up good for Mom, but today she said she's thinking of using that handgun to take her concealed carry with so I told Mom that I'd need to bring it home and give it a THOROUGH take down and cleaning to go through it well before considering it.

So, she asked me to see if I could do anything with it, and I brought it home and broke out the straight screwdrivers and Hoppes bore cleaner and oil, and proceeded to take it all the way down to the frame while cleaning everything as I went.

It may not be a surprise to anyone, but I was probably the first person to ever see the internal pieces since the day it came off the assembly line.

I don't know what kind of oil had been poured down in it over the years, but it didn't take long to find what was causing the sticky action.

Easter 2015 022.JPG

Easter 2015 025.JPG

It's alright now after cleaning all the sludge out of it.

So in the next week or so, she's wanting to shoot Mammies pistol and her new 38 special to see which she shoots better to take her course with.

That's going to be one for the video camera if there ever was one.

That's great to have guns passed down from generation to generation. Any rough idea how old it is? I love old revolvers.

I really don't know how old it is. My Mom said she can remember Mammaw carrying that gun in her purse when she was a little girl. Mom was born in '51, so...

But I wrote the serial number down and was going to email S&W directly to ask if they could tell me anything about it.

I know the trigger is a single action if that sheds any light on anything?

It may be a S&W K-32 Masterpiece...a pre-Model 16 ( 1957 on...)...K Frame...chambered in .32 S&W Long...4" barrel...manufactured 1947-1974.

or...

a Model 30 I Frame (1948 to 1957)... this model was known as the Model .32 Hand Ejector and was built on the 5-screw I-Frame. In 1958 the frame was redesigned to use four screws and a coiled mainspring as opposed to a flat or leaf spring and called the "Improved I-Frame". Three years later in 1961, the "I-Frame" was discontinued and the slightly longer 3-screw "J-Frame" replaced it.

A square butt version first known as the Model .32 Regulation Police was made during the same time period as the Model .32 Hand Ejector and was eventually replaced by the Model 31 in 1958. The Model 31 followed the same path as the Model 30 with regard to production dates.

Is it a three, four or five screw John...?!

I don't know anything about S&W Revolvers. Sorry.

But great story about cleaning up an inherited heirloom revolver!

Back