• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smoking deal on a Savage Mk2

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I know how good the Savage Mk2's are, and when I saw this on sale for this price, I was a little surprised, but wanted to pass it along to you guys if you've been looking for a good rimfire.

• $123.49
    Non-Member $129.99

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...olt-action-22lr-21-barrel-51-rounds?a=2195622

Savage has made some logo changes and even said they were considering ceasing production not that long ago, so may be better to jump while you can.

I admit that I'm a big fan of savage guns. They tend to be pretty accurate straight out of the box.

Only thing I don't like about it is the neutered 10 round magazines. There is no reason for any gun not to have a magazine so large that you have to hire someone to help you carry it around. Sorry for the blatant honesty.

I was looking at that exact Savage model about 5 years ago. I think it was closer to $200+ at the time. I recall it having a 10-rounder though... So add $40 for two 10-round mags... :rolleyes: ;)

I have two mk2's.

One being an older Lakefield, which was made before Savage Arms bought the company. The other, an FVSR, which has a fluted and threaded barrel, larger bolt handle, and scope mount.

I paid about $250 for it altogether with transfer IIRC. They both have been really good, and accurate guns.

Back