• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smurf's wishlist

Okay, he said it was a 500a that holds 7 so I. Know its a 6+1 but can you tell if its long or short action by this info?

No, the forend length cannot be surmised by the length of the mag tube.
Especially if the gun is used. Swapping parts on 500's happens all the time...I do it all the time...LOL!

I personally love the ATI Akita stock; I wish they would release one for my H&R shotguns...

ATI,
I am in LOVE with the akita stock. Have been before I joined this site. I like the simplicity, yet tactical advantage of it. I also like the forend but was wondering if the forend would accept a bottom rail? Or can it be modified such as a heat gun and sandpaper on the bottom to accept the rail.

Dan, you have to many stocks and forends anyway, so just hand over yours. Lol you have GOTTA be the bigggest shotgun nut I know to date, with some badass(edry) weapons my friend!

ATI,
Thanks for the advice. But I plan on getting the akita stock and a forarm with a rail only on the bottom kinda like rossi's. Gotta plan for that after christmas. I'm unemployed and all my money (after bills) is going towards my kids if it can.

Guys,
Does anybody know about tapping and drilling the receiver? Mine isn't already tapped and thinking of options. I was quoted 25 bucks PER HOLE not including base. I was thinking of tapping it myself and just adding a rail cause I have a drill press but never actually done it and don't wanna screw up my weapon.

Well guys, I just placed an order for the Weaver converta mount for my shotgun. I've already acquired the furniture from a 590 so I guess its wait till I get more money for the reflex sight and she'll be done. What challenge think? Right track?

Back