• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sneak peak

Ravan

.22LR
Currently doing a DIY lacquer stabilizing on this. Its wet in this picture, I wont be done with it for about a week.

I dyed it with Rit dye crimson and coco mix.

Shot of the plug is included.

This is one of the $20 buck Numrich stocks off of ebay.

l5a5GFX.jpg

Tbx2TiH.jpg

Last edited:
I've used crimson red RIT on AK47 furniture before. Gives it a nice "Russian Red" look, especially if you use a matte clear minwax poly on it.

I've never heard of anyone using chocolate mix in with the dye though. Is that what the rough texture in several places of the grip is? It may smooth out if you go over the entire piece with steel wool between your coats.

The final coat though, I would probably strain it out before the final coat of polyurethane.

The forend looks really nice. Almost gives it a cherry wood look, which is going to contrast nicely with the gun.

I wasn't aware that RIT had that particular color. My bad.

Regardless, I like how it's turning out.

Looks nice. I use Brass Wool rather than steel wool, having found the very small pieces of steel wool that you may overlook, turn to rust.

Yes.

It's clothes dye.

But will also dye wood obviously.

The top gun with the (Russian) red handguard was done with RIT dye and 2 coats of matte minwax polyurethane. I also have the stock here somewhere but I like the stock that is on it a lot better.

cuoiqRE.jpg

I recently bought an unfinished bow made of hickory. Do you think I should worry about the bow twisting from the water?

Back