• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sold out across the board???

theryanc

Copper BB
Hey again,

I'm still trying to purchase a 53693 in Los Angeles, however I was just informed by ANOTHER gun shop that Mossberg hasn't made the model in over 90 days and all distributors are "sold out across the board." Okay...so now what? I'm practically throwing my money at these guys to get the gun in my hands but so far it seems impossible.

Anyone ever experienced this? Why would Mossberg stop production on such a popular product? Can't find the damn gun anywhere. Maybe I should try San Diego...

:evil:

Isn't that how it always works, you got the money, no one has the gun. However, if you were broke the model you want would flood the market at rock bottom prices until you had money again.

I don't know what to tell you other than good luck!

you can but most ffl dealers will rape you with fees for internet transfers if they'll even do them...there's the mandatory $25 DOJ for the background check, the cheapest place around here i've found for internet transfers is like $125...apparently they have to put it in their stock etc...it's rediculous and unless you get it dirt cheap usually seems to end up costing more

Mudinyeri said:
Is California so bad that you can't purchase firearms via the Internet and have them shipped to a local FFL?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mossber ... afe=active

Like rob tech said, not only will it be another $150 to get a gun shipped, but a site like Buds won't even ship "defensive" shotguns to California. Not cool.

I just called other counties and may have found the gun at ONE store. Sounds too good to be true, but we'll see...

When I had my FFL's, I stopped shipping guns to california altogether. Just too much hassle. NY, NJ too.

But especially California. The dealer had to apply with california's DOJ for EVERY single firearm shipment you made there. The more guns you shipped to various dealers across the state, the more applications you have to keep track of.

In essence, their politicians have made it so difficult to do business in california, that no FFL or manufacture in their right mind wants to.

Even a small fry gun dealer like me would have to hire a dedicated employee just for california orders, and that just wasn't going to happen. Just not enough profit to justify hiring an employee just to keep up with, and even then, at a risk of an oversight that could still potentially land me (the proprietary owner) in a California jail somewhere for a clerical violation. Screw that.

And to be even more honest, there are several manufacturers who no longer ship weapons there too.

Olympic Arms, Surplus Ammo and Arms, Barrett, and last I heard, Glock was on the fence. There may even be more, but I don't worry myself with such things anymore. The people in California keep re-electing these tools, may as well live with what you get from it.

Maybe that was your politicians intent all along. Ban guns by burden.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, maybe you should be mad at your politicians for their actions, rather than a dealer halfway across the country who refuses to spend more time and money shipping a gun to you than they can come out ahead on.

Here are a few more details if anyone would like to read more about it.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/200 ... -july-1st/

Exactly why I plan on buying 3-4 very specific firearms in the next year and then being content. You can't even buy frickin ammo in the City of LA any more.....WTF??? Just a matter of time I think really.

Bullet Buttons, 10 day waiting period, 10 round clips.......Ugh.

You might consider, buying any of the 20" with ghost rings you can and getting an aftermarket stock with the pistol grip. You might be happier with one of the recoil reducing stocks like Knoxx anyway.

I have dealt with this guy

www.whiskeytangofirearms.com

Errin is a good guy and basically has access to a supplier. I drive down there from Palmdale. They seem to be out of what you want too though.

The amount of absurdity that goes on in california is mind boggling. You can open carry but the gun has to be unloaded, 10 round mags because any more than that will make you go on a killing spree. And lets not get started on the "Assault Weapons" ban where everything that's banned is based almost entirely off of appearance. The term “assault weapon” was a spin-off of the U.S. military’s definition of assault rifles. The U.S. Department of Defense has long defined assault rifles as fully automatic rifles used for military purposes. Doesn't sound like a walther p22 to me, or a semi automatic rifle with an adjustable stock and/or detachable magazine.

My apologies for the rant.

I talked to some friends from Ruger once, about availability of certain models.
They said, they would build xxxx of one model, then switch the line to build xxxx of the next model (Blackhawks & Vaquers)
So, dealers would run out of one model, while the other model was being built. It just doesn't make sense to have every single variation in production 100% of the time. Just be patient.

Back