• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Some help on a 590 project.

TheSilence4

Copper BB
I was hoping someone could possible point me in the right direction on finding a 18.5 barrel for the 590.

I have literal checked every website I can think of, from popular websites to websites few know of. I have gone to every shop around my area and, not one soul can possibly find one. I refuse to go back to the 500 barrel, as this project needs a 590 barrel and tube.

So, does anyone here know of any websites at all? Again, I have checked Brownells, Midway, Cheaper then dirt, Numrich, and Mossberg themselves. I had a shot at one on Ebay but unfortunately lost before I had the chance to bid.

Thanks, and again much appreciated.

Howdy @TheSilence4 .

There are no 18.5" 590 models, every single one of them have 20" barrels. The 590A1 is the only model that comes in an 18.5" configuration. It will be the heavy walled variety, but that's your only 18.5" option and should help your search...

Ordering directly through Mossberg will be your best bet.

Take a look through Mossberg's website for their offering in 18.5" 590A1 models. Find the factory model number with the sights you want, then call Mossberg sales and ask for a replacement barrel for that model number...

800-363-3555

Should run you around $150 last I checked...

Mossberg has been working overtime to keep up with demand for complete shotguns, so surplus factory barrels can be difficult to come by...

I have a brand new - never fired 590A1 18.5" barrel (barrel only - not entire gun). It has the 3 dot sights. The 590A1 was registered and converted to a 14" SBS. Anyways, make an offer on the barrel if interested. Also have brand new mag tube, forearm, spring, and everything else forward of the reciever. All parts are brand new, never fired. The barrel is identical to the one pictured below:
http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/8324210507/9975112/mossberg 1.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard.

Your best bet is to call Mossberg and order directly from them...

800-363-3555

Just a thought,not even sure it would work not knowing what your project is,,,,

Maybe a 835 barrel and cut it down???

The 835 barrels are over-bored, and it's not recommended to shoot slugs through them. Something to think about before trying this approach.

Back