• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Some intel (unconfirmed) re: DPRK prep

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
OSINT is a Gov. site. that requires a password, etc. https://www.opensource.gov/public/conte ... /login.fcc . The author of this piece mentions it as a source.

After successful recent ballistic and nuclear bomb tests, North Korea has threatened the United States with nuclear strikes. This week, the Pyongyang regime stated that the Korean Peninsula is headed for thermo-nuclear war, told foreign diplomats to leave North Korea and advised foreigners to leave South Korea. Today, it has two medium range Musudan-1 missiles prepared for immediate launch from its east coast.

It’s decision time on North Korea.

What should the U.S. do if, as expected, North Korea goes ahead and launches the two Musudan-1 missiles?

Fortunately, our Aegis Combat System has the ability to calculate their trajectory within seconds. If the Musudan-1 missiles are heading for open water, we should let them fly, but be sure to collect the debris for analysis. Remember, Kim Jong Un’s game is to provoke the United States (and Japan and South Korea) into military action. We should not play into his hands if not necessary.

If, on the other hand, Aegis calculates the trajectory as headed for land (such as Guam, Japan, Okinawa, or South Korea), we need to be prepared to not only take out those missiles with missile interceptors, but also immediately take out their missile launchers with Tomahawks. At that point, we should also take out the eight Musudan missiles the North Koreans are holding in reserve in tunnels along their Eastern coastline.

Earlier this week, Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) detected that North Korea had begun to deploy additional Musudan-1 missiles into firing positions in other parts of North Korea.

North Korea is believed to have between 50-200 Musudan-1 missiles. Its range is a little over 2,500 miles, which is greater than reported by most media outlets. Improvements have been made to some of the Musudans, which include larger fuel tanks and updated navigational and targeting equipment from Russia. There is also concern that some of the Musudans may have been engineered to accommodate a small nuclear warhead.

And don’t forget, the Musudan is just their medium range missile. They also have the Taepodong-2 missile with far greater range.

Even more concerning is their Unha-3 rocket, which successfully put the North Korean satellite in orbit in December. Its range is believed to be 6,200 miles.

On the ground now, in addition to the deployment of more Musudan-1 missiles, the North Koreans are moving large amounts of ammunition, both small caliber and artillery shells, towards both the DMZ and their coastal artillery bases.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/04/ ... -missiles/

He needs to know that he won't get a second chance to do the right thing.

But I also feel that is one area that the President is woefully lacking.

If the PRNK leader tries to light the fuse on a nuke, I think his reign should be very short lived. And rightfully so.

John A. said:
He needs to know that he won't get a second chance to do the right thing.

But I also feel that is one area that the President is woefully lacking.

If the PRNK leader tries to light the fuse on a nuke, I think his reign should be very short lived. And rightfully so.

I'm beginning to think Kim doesn't give a damn.

Try this on for size: Primary objective of NK since 1953 is reunification. Since his daddy and grandpa couldn't make it happen, he may think that destruction of the North may be the only way to achieve that objective. He'd end up being a martyr for the cause, and that may be good enough for him. There may be levels of survival (of the people in NK) that are acceptable to him.

It wouldn't be the first time some national leader decided to go out in a blaze of glory.

From what little footage I have seen of him shooting a pistol and a few other quick glimpses, he really doesn't seem very...

I'm not sure how to say it.

He just doesn't seem to carry himself very well.

Like he's been sheltered and protected and doesn't know how to act being out of his normal environment.

Sorry, I just don't know how to put my gut feelings into words.

Kind of like a young adult who had an 8PM bedtime all their life and when they first got out on their own, they were wild and took dumb chances and made bad decisions thinking mommy and daddy would always bail them out no matter what they did.

Granted we both know his Dad is gone now.

That's just the best example I could think of to put into words what I am thinking.

John A. said:
From what little footage I have seen of him shooting a pistol and a few other quick glimpses, he really doesn't seem very...

I'm not sure how to say it.

He just doesn't seem to carry himself very well.

Like he's been sheltered and protected and doesn't know how to act being out of his normal environment.

Sorry, I just don't know how to put my gut feelings into words.

Kind of like a young adult who had an 8PM bedtime all their life and when they first got out on their own, they were wild and took dumb chances and made bad decisions thinking mommy and daddy would always bail them out no matter what they did.

Granted we both know his Dad is gone now.

That's just the best example I could think of to put into words what I am thinking.
I second that motion. I think just like other regimes there are other players and power brokers behind the scenes. I think Kim Jong Un is a relatively naive kid, having been fed too many twinkies and allowed to play too many video games in Daddy's palace. He's trying to assert his worthiness both to himself, his country and everyone else. I think he's dangerous for that reason alone.

Let's not forget that tyrannical leaders are tyrants not for the common good but for selfish, power hungry reasons. Men with huge egos...so big they can hardly believe themselves so they set about to prove their own mania is real and worthwhile.

Back